The Colorado State Rams (10-1) travel to face off against the Loyola Marymount Lions (7-5) on Friday, December 22nd. This game will be played at Gersten Pavilion in Los Angeles and televised on ESPN+. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 10:00 ET.
Colorado State Rams vs Loyola Marymount Lions
The Colorado State Rams Are Coming Off A Win
In today’s game versus Loyola Marymount, Colorado State, who currently has a 10-1 record, will be playing on the road. Looking back at their last ten road games, which include games from last year, Colorado State has a 5-5 record. Up to this point, Colorado State has been solid vs. the spread, sitting at 7-1 with a winning record. In their last ten games this season, Colorado State has gone 3-2 vs. the spread.
Colorado State comes in with an over/under record of 5-2-1 through 11 games, with their games averaging a combined 155.4 points per game so far. In their most recent three games, the Rams’ over/under record is 1-2, with their games averaging 145 points per game.
The Loyola Marymount Lions Are Coming Off A Win
Loyola Marymount comes into today’s game against Colorado State with a season record of 7-5. In their previous ten home games, including last year, Loyola Marymount has a record of 6-4. As of today’s game, Loyola Marymount has a 4-6 record against the spread for the season. In their last five games, the team is 3-2 vs. the spread.
So far, Loyola Marymount’s games have averaged 147.2 points per game with the average over/under line being 148 points. The Lions have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 137 points per game.
Colorado State Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Colorado State offense ended with 86 points against Washington. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 47.6% and made 9 threes. Isaiah Stevens is leading the team in scoring at 17.5 points per contest. Joel Scott has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 13 going into the game.
|Isaiah Stevens (G)
|Joel Scott (F)
|Dominique Clifford (G)
Loyola Marymount Offense Breakdown
Loyola Marymount’s offense is coming off a strong performance vs. UNLV, finishing the game with a total of 78 points. Their season average is now 76 points per game. The Loyola Marymount offense has been looking to get up shots from outside so far this season, averaging 24.1 three-point attempts per contest. Overall, they have connected on 36% of their looks from outside this season.
|Dominick Harris (G)
|Alex Merkviladze (F)
|Justin Wright (G)
Colorado State Team Defense
Currently, the Rams’ defense holds the 115th rank in the nation, allowing 69.0 points per game. In their previous game vs. Washington, the Huskies finished with a field goal percentage of 46% and a total of 81 points vs. Colorado State.
Loyola Marymount Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Loyola Marymount defense is giving up an average of 67.6 points per contest. Loyola Marymount’s three-point defense is currently 32nd in the country at 4.8 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 43.3% of their shots vs. Loyola Marymount.
Rams vs Lions Trends
- Through their last ten road games, Colorado State has an ATS record of just 6-4. However, their overall record was 5-5 while averaging 64 points per game.
- Across the Lions last ten home games, the team averaged 69 points per game while allowing 76. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 4-5-1, while going 3-7 straight-up.
- As the betting underdog, the Lions have an ATS mark of just 2-3 in their last five games. Loyola Marymount posted a straight up mark of 1-4 in these matchups.
- In their last three contests as the favorite, Colorado State has a poor record vs the spread going 1-2. But, they still put together a straight up mark of 2-1.
The Lions come in as the underdog at +4.5, making them our top choice on the point spread. We not only expect them to cover the spread but also believe they have a strong chance of winning the game outright, especially if you’re aiming for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 146.5 and our model has the Rams and Lions finishing with a combined 144 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.