The Alabama Crimson Tide (6-4) travel to face off against the Arizona Wildcats (8-1) on Wednesday, December 20th. This game will be played at Footprint Center in Phoenix and televised on ESPN. Both Alabama and Arizona will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 11:00 ET.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs Arizona Wildcats
The Alabama Crimson Tide Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Alabama, who has played 10 games so far this season, is entering their 11th game with a record of 6-4. In their previous 10 road games, including those from last year, Alabama has a 4-6 record. So far, Alabama has a 5-4 record against the spread heading into today’s game. Their overall ATS mark this season consists of a 1-3 record on the road vs. the spread and a 4-1 record at home.
Alabama comes in with an over/under record of 8-1-0 through 10 games, with their games averaging a combined 171.4 points per game so far. In the Crimson Tide’s last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 169 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 4-1.
The Arizona Wildcats Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Arizona, who are 8-1 on the season, are playing their 10th game of the year. The Wildcats have played all of their games on the road so far this season. As of now, Arizona holds a 7-1 ATS record going into their game against Alabama. In their previous five games, the team has a 4-1 ATS record.
In nine games, Arizona comes in with an over/under mark of 3-5-0, with their games averaging 158.5 points per game. When analyzing the Wildcats’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 155 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Alabama Offense Breakdown
Alabama’s offense is coming off a strong performance vs. Creighton, finishing the game with a total of 82 points. Their season average is now 92.1 points per game. Mark Sears was the leading scorer for the Crimson Tide, putting up 19 points. In addition, Nick Pringle contributed 15 points.
|Mark Sears (G)
|Aaron Estrada (G)
|Grant Nelson (F)
Arizona Offense Breakdown
Compared to their season average of 92.9 points per game, Arizona struggled in their previous game. Against Purdue, the Wildcats scored 84 points while finishing with a field goal percentage of 51.6%. Offensively, the Wildcats have a season long field goal percentage of 51%, which is 28th in the nation. In terms of three-pointers, they are 80th in percentage and 151st in three-pointers made.
|Caleb Love (G)
|Keshad Johnson (F)
|Oumar Ballo (C)
Alabama Team Defense
In terms of defense, Alabama is currently on par with the NCAA average for points allowed, giving up an average of 74.9 points per game. So far, the Alabama defense is giving up an average of 8.2 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 11.1 times per game (401st).
Arizona Team Defense
Arizona’s defense has been playing well, ranking 40th nationally, with 63.9 points allowed per game. In their most recent game, the Arizona defense struggled to defend the three-point line, as Purdue knocked down 10 three-pointers on their way to 92 points.
Crimson Tide vs Wildcats Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Alabama has an ATS record of 1-2 while averaging 89 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- In their last ten games at home, the Wildcats have a straight up record of 7-3 while going 5-4-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 77 points per game in these contests.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Crimson Tide have a straight up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
- Through their last five games as the favorite, the Wildcats have an ATS record of 4-1 and a straight up mark of 4-1.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Wildcats vs. Crimson Tide matchup, our bet is to grab the Crimson Tide at +7.5. Even though our projections have the Wildcats winning 75-69, we see the Crimson Tide as the play on the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 173.5 and our model has the Crimson Tide and Wildcats finishing with a combined 144 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.