Date: October 1st, 2023
Time: 9:30 ET
Location: Wembley Stadium in London, England
Television: NFL+ or ESPN Plus
The Atlanta Falcons and Jacksonville Jaguars will face off in Week 4 of the NFL season on Sunday, October 1st at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Additionally, the game will kick off at 9:30 AM EST and stream live on ESPN+. Finally, the Jaguars are the 3-point favorites in this matchup, with the over/under set at 43.5 points.
Falcons and Jaguars Come Off Loses
Both teams are coming off losses in Week 3. In addition, the Falcons fell to the Lions 20-6 and the Jaguars lost to the Texans 37-17.
The Falcons’ offense has struggled so far this season. All in all, they have averaged just 18.3 points per game. However, they have a dynamic playmaker in wide receiver Drake London. Meanwhile, he has caught 15 passes for 233 yards and two touchdowns in three games.
The Jaguars’ offense has also been inconsistent, but they have also shown flashes of potential. The quarterback for the Jaguars, Trevor Lawrence, has thrown for 736 yards and three touchdowns in three games. Also, the running back Travis Etienne Jr. has rushed for 205 yards and finally two touchdowns.
The Jaguars’ defense has been the team’s strength this season, allowing just 18.0 points per game. They are led by linebacker Foyesade Oluokun, who has 37 tackles and two sacks in three games.
In the end, the Falcons’ defense has been more vulnerable, allowing an average of 25.0 points per game. However, they have a strong pass rush, led by defensive end Grady Jarrett. He has also had three sacks in three games.
Falcons and Jaguars Key Matchups
- Trevor Lawrence vs. Falcons’ secondary: Lawrence will need a big game overall if the Jaguars want to win. The Falcons’ secondary has struggled this season. Therefore, Lawrence should also have some opportunities to make big plays.
- Travis Etienne Jr. vs. Falcons’ front seven: Etienne Jr. has been one of the Jaguars’ most productive players this season. He will need to continue to have a strong game if the Jaguars want to move the ball on the ground.
- Drake London vs. Jaguars’ secondary: London is the Falcons’ best offensive weapon. The Jaguars will need to find a way to slow him down if they want to win.
- Grady Jarrett vs. Jaguars’ offensive line: Jarrett is a dominant pass rusher. The Jaguars’ offensive line will need to keep him at bay if they want to give Lawrence time to throw.
Falcons vs. Jaguars London Prediction
Finally, the Jaguars are the better team on paper. Furthermore, they should be able to win this game. However, the Falcons are a dangerous team. In the end, they could pull off the upset if they have a good game.
I predict the Jaguars will win 24-20.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.