There have been many exceptional women’s tennis players throughout history. Yet, there are some that really stand out. Here is a list of the widely regarded best women’s tennis players of all time:
Top Women’s Tennis Players
- Serena Williams: With 23 Grand Slam singles titles, Serena Williams is often considered one of the greatest tennis players, regardless of gender. From US Opens to Wimbledons, she is no doubt a champion. In addition, she has been a dominant force in women’s tennis for over two decades.
- Steffi Graf: Graf won 22 Grand Slam singles titles and held the World No. 1 ranking for a record 377 weeks. She achieved a Golden Slam in 1988 by eventually winning all four Grand Slam titles and an Olympic gold medal in the same calendar year.
- Martina Navratilova: Navratilova won a total of 18 Grand Slam singles titles and 31 Grand Slam doubles titles. She also had a versatile playing style and achieved success on all surfaces. Navratilova held the World No. 1 ranking for a total of 332 weeks.
- Margaret Court: Court holds the record for the most Grand Slam titles in women’s tennis, with 24 singles titles. All in all, she achieved the Calendar Grand Slam in 1970 by winning all four major titles in a single year.
More Strong Tennis Players
- Chris Evert: Evert won 18 Grand Slam singles titles throughout her career. Furthermore, she held the World No. 1 ranking for a total of 260 weeks and had a powerful baseline game.
- Billie Jean King: King was a trailblazer in women’s tennis and won 12 Grand Slam singles titles. She also played a pivotal role in advocating for gender equality in the sport.
- Monica Seles: Seles won nine Grand Slam singles titles before her career was interrupted by a stabbing incident. All in all, she was known for her powerful groundstrokes and aggressive playing style.
- Martina Hingis: Hingis achieved great success at a young age, winning five Grand Slam singles titles and holding the World No. 1 ranking for a total of 209 weeks. She was known for her exceptional court awareness and tactical skills.
It’s important to note that this is not an exhaustive list. In the end, there have been many other incredible women’s tennis players who have left their mark on the sport. Rankings and opinions may also vary depending on individual perspectives and criteria used to evaluate greatness.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.