Date: October 1st, 2023
Time: 1:00 ET
Location: Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee
The Cincinnati Bengals and Tennessee Titans will face off in a Week 4 AFC showdown on Sunday, October 1st at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee. Meanwhile, both teams are currently 1-2. In the end, this game could be a must-win for both teams if they want to stay in the playoff race.
Bengals Coming Off Win
The Bengals are coming off a much-needed win over the Los Angeles Rams last week. However, Joe Burrow wasn’t 100% healthy. Yet, he still managed to throw for 275 yards and also two touchdowns. On the other hand, the Bengals’ defense also played well, holding the Rams to just 24 points.
Titans Coming Off Loss
The Titans are coming off a disappointing loss to the Cleveland Browns last week. Meanwhile, Derrick Henry rushed for 163 yards, but the Titans’ offense struggled to find a rhythm. Overall, the Titans’ defense also struggled, giving up 38 points to the Browns.
Bengals vs. Titans Key Matchups
- Joe Burrow vs. Denico Autry: Burrow is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, but he has been struggling with an injury this season. Also, Denico Autry is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. In the end, he will be tasked with putting pressure on Burrow.
- Derrick Henry vs. Logan Wilson: Henry is one of the best running backs in the NFL, but he has been slow to start the season. Furthermore, Logan Wilson is one of the best linebackers in the NFL, and he will be tasked with stopping Henry.
- Bengals Offensive Line vs. Titans Pass Rush: The Bengals’ offensive line has struggled to protect Burrow this season. The Titans’ pass rush has been one of the best in the NFL. If the Titans can pressure Burrow, it could force him into mistakes.
Bengals vs. Titans Game Key Players
- Joe Burrow: Burrow is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and he is the key to the Bengals’ offense. If Burrow can play well, the Bengals will have a good chance to win.
- Derrick Henry: Henry is one of the best running backs in the NFL, and he is the key to the Titans’ offense. If Henry can have a big game, the Titans will have a good chance overall to win.
- Ja’Marr Chase: Chase is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, and he is Burrow’s favorite target. If Chase can have a big game, the Bengals will have a good chance to win.
- Denico Autry: Autry is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, and he will be tasked with putting pressure on Burrow. If Autry can get pressure on Burrow, it could force him into mistakes.
- Logan Wilson: Wilson is one of the best linebackers in the NFL, and he will be tasked with stopping Henry. If Wilson can stop Henry, the Bengals will have a good chance to win.
All in all, the Titan’s offense has also struggled to find its rhythm so far this season. Derrick Henry has not been as productive as he has been in the past, and Ryan Tannehill has been inconsistent.
Overall, the Bengal’s defense has been one of the best defenses in the NFL so far this season. The Bengals have allowed just 17.7 points per game, which is the fourth-best mark in the league.
In the end, if the Bengals can stop Henry and force the Titans to rely on their passing game, they could be in good shape. However, if the Titans can get Henry going and Tannehill can play well, they could have a big day against the Bengal’s defense.
Bengals vs. Titans Prediction
In conclusion, this is a tough game, as both teams are evenly matched. However, the Bengals have a slight edge because of their passing game. I predict the Bengals will win a close game, 24-21.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.