The Georgetown Hoyas (6-4) travel to face off against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-5) on Saturday, December 16th. This game will be played at Purcell Pavilion in South Bend and televised on CW. Both Georgetown and Notre Dame will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:15 ET.
Georgetown Hoyas vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Georgetown Hoyas Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Georgetown enters their 11th game of the season with a 6-4 overall record. They are 0-1 on the road and 5-2 at home. As Georgetown prepares to face Notre Dame, their ATS record stands at 3-5. In their previous five games, they have gone 1-4 vs. the spread.
In 10 games, Georgetown comes in with an over/under mark of 5-3-0, with their games averaging 151.9 points per game. The Hoyas have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 146 points per game.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish, who have a 4-5 record, will be facing Georgetown today. In their away games, the Fighting Irish have a 1-3 record, while at home they are 2-2. As we look deeper into Notre Dame’s ATS performance, we find that they currently hold a 4-4 record heading into today’s game. Over their last five games, the team has been solid against the spread at 4-1.
Notre Dame comes in with an over/under record of 1-7-0 through nine games, with their games averaging a combined 129.1 points per game so far. The Fighting Irish have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 132 points per game.
Georgetown Offense Breakdown
Georgetown is fresh off a strong offensive showing, putting up 83 points versus TCU. This output is higher than their season-average of 77.1 points per game. Currently leading the team in scoring is Jayden Epps who comes into today’s matchup averaging 18.9. Dontrez Styles also heads into the game with a PPG average of 15.7.
|Jayden Epps (G)
|Dontrez Styles (G)
|Supreme Cook (F)
Notre Dame Offense Breakdown
The Notre Dame offense, in their latest game, managed to score just 59 points versus Marquette. During the game, they attempted 35 three-point shots and had a field goal percentage of 36.5%. Markus Burton led the scoring for the Fighting Irish, contributing 20 points. Additionally, Julian Roper II chipped in with 9 points.
|Markus Burton (G)
|Tae Davis (F)
|J.R Konieczny (G)
Georgetown Team Defense
The Hoyas’ defense is presently ranked 147th nationally, allowing an average of 71.7 points per contest. In their previous game vs. TCU, the Horned Frogs finished with a field goal percentage of 45% and a total of 84 points vs. Georgetown.
Notre Dame Team Defense
This season, the Notre Dame defense has been impressive, holding the 66th position in the country while permitting an average of 66.0 points per contest. In their previous game vs. Marquette, the Golden Eagles finished with a field goal percentage of 51% and a total of 78 points vs. Notre Dame.
Hoyas vs Fighting Irish Trends
- In their last five games away from home, the Hoyas have a straight up record of 1-4 while going 2-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 60 points per game in this stretch.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Fighting Irish offense has averaged 60 points per game while allowing an average of 68. Notre Dame posted an overall record of 1-9 while going 6-4 ATS.
- In their last five games as the betting underdog, the Hoyas have a straight up record of 0-5 and an ATS mark of 1-4.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the favorite, Notre Dame has an ATS mark of 3-7 while going 5-5 straight up.
Not only do we have the Fighting Irish winning this one by a score of 76-67, but we see them covering the spread. Our pick is to grab the Fighting Irish at -5.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 138.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.