The Memphis Tigers (11-2) travel to face off against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (9-3) on Thursday, January 4th. This game will be played at Reynolds Center in Tulsa and televised on ESPN+. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
Memphis Tigers vs Tulsa Golden Hurricane
The Memphis Tigers Are Coming Off A Win
After their most recent game, a win against Austin Peay by a score of 81-70, Memphis currently has a record of 11-2. When playing on the road, the Tigers have a 4-2 record, while they are a perfect 7-0 at home this season. Prior to today’s matchup, Memphis has a 6-7 record against the spread. In their previous five games, they are 2-3 vs. the spread.
So far, Memphis’ games have averaged 151.8 points per game with the average over/under line being 147.3 points. The Tigers have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 149 points per game and an over/under record of 4-1.
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane Are Coming Off A Win
In their previous ten home games, including last year, Tulsa has a record of 8-2. The Memphis Tigers come into this game with an overall record of 9-3. Prior to today’s game, Tulsa has a 5-3-2 ATS record. In their last ten games, Tulsa is 1-1-1 ATS.
Tulsa comes in with an over/under record of 6-4-0 through 12 games, with their games averaging a combined 144.1 points per game so far. The Golden Hurricane have an over/under record of 0-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 133 points per game.
Memphis Offense Breakdown
The Memphis offense is coming off a game where they scored 81 points against Austin Peay. They posted a field goal percentage of 41% and connected on 4 threes. The team’s top scorer is David Jones, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 21.2, while Jahvon Quinerly also maintains a PPG average of 13.1 leading up to the game.
|David Jones (F)
|Jahvon Quinerly (G)
|Caleb Mills (G)
Tulsa Offense Breakdown
Compared to their season average of 77.2 points per game, Tulsa struggled in their previous game. Against New Mexico State, the Golden Hurricane scored 65 points while finishing with a field goal percentage of 34%. PJ Haggerty is currently the leading scorer for the team, entering today’s matchup with an average of 17.1. Meanwhile, Cobe Williams also brings a PPG average of 12.1 into the game.
|PJ Haggerty (G)
|Cobe Williams (G)
|Jared Garcia (F)
Memphis Team Defense
In terms of defense, Memphis is currently on par with the NCAA average for points allowed, giving up an average of 72.5 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Memphis’ defense has allowed opponents to shoot 41.0% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 32.0% this season.
Tulsa Team Defense
At present, the Golden Hurricane’s defense is nationally ranked 63rd, allowing 66.1 points per game. In today’s game vs. Memphis, the Tulsa defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, Tulsa made 25 free-throws vs. the Golden Hurricane.
Tigers vs Golden Hurricane Trends
- Although Memphis has a straight up record of 7-3 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 8-2. The team averaged 75 points per game in these games.
- In their last three games at home, the Golden Hurricane have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 0-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 63 points per game in this stretch.
- The last three games that Tulsa was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 1-2 while going 1-2 straight up.
- As the betting favorite, the Tigers have an ATS mark of just 4-6 in their last ten games. Memphis posted a straight up mark of 9-1 in these matchups.
As the underdogs with a spread of +8.5, we recommend going with the Golden Hurricane on the point spread. We not only see them covering the spread but also have a strong likelihood of winning this one outright, especially if you’re seeking a higher payout on the moneyline.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 151 and given that our model is projecting 141 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.