The Brooklyn Nets (6-5) travel to face off against the Miami Heat (7-4) on Thursday, November 16th. This game will be played at Kaseya Center in Kaseya Center and televised on NBA. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 7:30 ET.
Nets vs Heat
The Nets Are Coming Off A Win
The Nets picked up a win over the Magic in their latest game, finishing with a score of 124-104. Overall, the Nets managed to secure te win, even though they were behind at halftime 60-57.
In today’s game, the Nets are determined to maintain their above .500 record, currently they are 6-5 over 11 games. During their 11 games, the Nets have gone 5-4 against teams in the Eastern Conference and 1-1 in non-conference matchups.
Brooklyn currently has an ATS record of 9-1, placing them above .500 against the spread. The Nets’ flawless ATS record at home stands at 5-0, while it is 4-1 on the road vs. the spread.
The Heat Are Coming Off A Win
In the game against the Hornets, Jimmy Butler was the top scorer for Miami, recording 32 points. His field goal percentage for the game was 48.2%. The Heat picked up a 111-105 win, and Bam Adebayo also added 21 points which was 2nd on the team.
Coming into today’s game vs. the Nets, the Heat are looking to build on their above .500 record of 7-4. So far, the Heat have gone 4-3 when playing against Eastern Conference teams and 3-1 in non-conference contests.
Miami arrives with an ATS record of 4-6 for the season up to this point. This season, Miami has a 2-4 record against the spread when they are favored, and they are 2-2 when playing as underdogs.
Nets Offense Breakdown
The Nets come into today’s game as one of the better scoring teams in the NBA at 114.2 points per game (12th). The Nets come into the game as one of the league’s better 3-point shooting teams, connecting at a rate of 15.5 made 3’s per game. One thing that could take the team’s offense to the next level is if they can begin to generate more opportunites at the free-throw line. So far, they are averaging just 13.8 made free-throws per game.
Heat Offense Breakdown
The Heat come into today’s game as the 24th ranked scoring offense at 109.6 points per game. So far, the Heat are averaging 97.9 possessions per game, which places them below the NBA average. Not only is the team one of the more deliberate units in the NBA, they have yet to find their shooting stroke, ranking just 22nd in the league in field goal percentage 22nd%.
Nets Team Defense
At this time, the Nets’ defense is positioned 17th in the NBA, permitting 112.5 points per game.
The Nets defense is coming off a game in which they held the Magic offense to just 54.1% shooting. Overall, they gave up 104 points to Orlando.
Heat Team Defense
At this time, the Heat’s defense is positioned 7th in the NBA, permitting 109.8 points per game.
Most recently, the Heat’s defense put together a solid performance, giving up just 105 points to the Hornets.
Key Players For The Nets And Heat
For today’s matchup, we project Mikal Bridges to lead the scoring for the Nets, putting up 15 points and shooting at a rate of 6/13. For the season, he has been averaging 20.3 points per game, in addition to 6.2 rebounds.
As for Miami, Bam Adebayo is projected to be the primary scorer for the Heat. Our forecast has him finishing the game with 17, and adding 7 rebounds. This season, he is shooting at a field goal percentage of 52.5%, and his scoring average is 23 points per game.
Nets vs Heat Trends
- In their last five road games, Brooklyn has averaged 115 points per game while allowing 115 . The team’s record in this stretch was 3-2 while going 4-1 vs. the spread.
- Although Miami has a straight up record of 5-5 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 6-3-1. The team averaged 106 points per game in these games.
- Through their last three games as the betting underdog, the Nets have a strong record vs the spread going 2-1. Their straight up mark in these contests is 1-2.
- Over the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Heat struggled vs the spread going just 2-2-1. However, they still had a straight up mark of 5-0.
For today’s matchup we are recommending to take the Heat to secure the win, with an expected final score of 113-108. When it comes to the spread, we believe they’ll cover at -4.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 217, and our model projects the Nets and Heat to reach a combined total of 221 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.