The Dayton Flyers (3-1) travel to face off against the Houston Cougars (4-0) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at TD Arena in Charleston and televised on ESPN. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 8:30 ET.
Dayton Flyers vs Houston Cougars
The Dayton Flyers Are Coming Off A Win
After defeating St. John’s 88-81 in their most recent game, Dayton currently has a 3-1 record. The Flyers will enter their next game with a 1-1 record on the road, and a perfect 2-0 record at home. As of today, Dayton’s ATS record is 2-2. In away games this season, Dayton is 1-1 vs. the spread, and in their previous ten road games, they are 4-5-1.
Dayton’s games have, on average, featured 138.2 points per game leading to an over/under record of 3-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 133.6 points so far. In their most recent three games, the Flyers’ over/under record is 3-0, with their games averaging 74 points per game.
The Houston Cougars Are Coming Off A Win
Houston is heading into their fifth game of the season with a perfect 4-0 record. They have played one game on the road and three games at home. Against the spread, Houston has a record of 2-2 thus far. In home games, Houston is 1-2 vs. the spread this season and 5-4 in their last ten games at home.
Houston comes in with an over/under record of 1-3-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 129 points per game so far. Looking at the Cougars’ last three games, their over/under record is 0-3 with their games averaging 81 points per game.
Dayton Offense Breakdown
Dayton’s offense is coming off a good game, putting up 88 points vs. St. John’s. Overall, they hit 51.8% of their shots from the field and went 23/28 from the free-throw line. The team’s scoring leader is DaRon Holmes II, who holds an average of 16.2 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Nate Santos is averaging 13.5 points per game this season.
|DaRon Holmes II (F)||16.2||6.0||2.8|
|Nate Santos (F)||13.5||8.2||1.0|
|Koby Brea (G)||11.0||2.2||1.0|
Houston Offense Breakdown
In their previous game, the Cougars’ offense finished with 76 points, which is right in line with their current average of 77.2 points per contest. On the offensive front, the Cougars have a season-long field goal percentage of 44%, ranking 211st nationally. When it comes to three-point shooting, they are ranked 145th in terms of percentage and 138th in three-pointers made.
|LJ Cryer (G)||15.4||2.4||2.4|
|Emanuel Sharp (G)||13.4||3.2||0.6|
|Damian Dunn (G)||9.0||2.2||0.4|
Dayton Team Defense
So far, the Flyers’ defense is ranked 68th in the country at 66.5 points per contest. The Dayton defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 81 points and allowed St. John’s to connect on 7 threes.
Houston Team Defense
At this time, the Cougars’ defense is positioned 2nd in the country, permitting 48.8 points per game. Against Utah in their most recent game, the Houston defense gave up a total of 66 points while allowing Utah to hit 35% of their shots.
Flyers vs Cougars Trends
- Through their last five road games, Dayton has an ATS record of just 2-2-1. However, their overall record was 2-3 while averaging 65 points per game.
- Although Houston has a straight up record of 3-0 in their last three home games, they have not held up as well vs. the spread going 1-1. The team averaged 69 points per game in these games.
- Going back to their previous five games as the underdog, Dayton has an ATS mark of 1-3-1 while going 1-4 straight up.
- Over the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Cougars struggled vs the spread going just 2-3. However, they still had a straight up mark of 4-1.
For a point-spread wager in this Cougars vs. Cougars game, we suggest taking the Cougars at -12.5. Even though our predictions have the Cougars winning 74-67, we see the Flyers as the better choice on the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 131.5, and our model projects the Flyers and Cougars to reach a combined total of 141 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.