The Morgan State Bears (0-2) travel to face off against the BYU Cougars (3-0) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Marriott Center in Provo and televised on ESPN+. BYU is coming off a win in their previous game, while Morgan State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Fresno State. Tip-off is set for 9:00 ET.
Morgan State Bears vs BYU Cougars
The Morgan State Bears Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Morgan State comes into the game against BYU with a record of 0-2 this season. So far, all of the Bears’ games have been on the road. Morgan State enters their game against BYU with an ATS record of 0-2. In their previous three games, the team has gone 0-1 ATS and has an average scoring margin of -7.
Morgan State comes in with an over/under record of 2-0-0 through two games, with their games averaging a combined 168 points per game so far. When assessing the Bears’ performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 1-0, with their games averaging 82 points per game.
The BYU Cougars Are Coming Off A Win
As they prepare for their 4th game of the season, BYU comes into their matchup against Morgan State with a perfect 3-0 record. In the previous three games where BYU was the favorite, they have gone undefeated. Entering today’s game, BYU boasts a perfect 3-0 record against the spread (ATS). Taking into account the previous season, BYU has been solid with an 8-2 ATS mark in their last ten games.
So far, BYU’s games have averaged 155 points per game with the average over/under line being 153.2 points. When analyzing the Cougars’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 91 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
Morgan State Offense Breakdown
Against Fresno State, the Morgan State had a tough time putting up points compared to their season average of 76.2 points per game. They scored 68 points and posted a field goal percentage of 37.3% in the game. Ahmarie Simpkins was the leading scorer for the Bears, putting up 17 points. In addition, Wynston Tabbs contributed 16 points.
|Myles Thompson (F)||14.5||5.5||0.5|
|Kameron Hobbs (G)||12.0||2.2||2.2|
|Wynston Tabbs (G)||11.8||4.5||2.5|
BYU Offense Breakdown
BYU is fresh off a strong offensive showing, putting up 105 points versus Southeastern Louisiana. This output is higher than their season-average of 96.3 points per game. Fousseyni Traore led the scoring for the Cougars, contributing 18 points. Additionally, Trevin Knell chipped in with 18 points.
|Trevin Knell (G)||14.7||4.0||1.7|
|Jaxson Robinson (G)||14.0||3.0||1.0|
|Spencer Johnson (G)||13.7||5.7||5.0|
Morgan State Team Defense
Looking at the Morgan State defense, they will be looking for a better performance considering they are currently conceding 80.2 points per game (139th). Morgan State’s three-point defense is currently 25th in the country at 5.2 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 27.3% of their shots vs. Morgan State.
BYU Team Defense
So far, the Cougars’ defense is ranked 20th in the country at 58.7 points per contest. BYU’s defense is coming off a game in which they allowed the Southeastern Louisiana offense to knock down 50% of their shots on their way to putting up 48 points.
Bears vs Cougars Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Bears have a straight up record of 3-7 while going 3-7 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 64 points per game in these contests.
- In their last ten games at home, the Cougars have a straight up record of 3-7 while going 5-4-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 71 points per game in these contests.
- Spanning across their last five games as the betting underdog, the Bears have gone 2-3 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 2-3.
- The Cougars have played well in their last three games as the betting favorite, going 3-0 straight up and 3-0 against the spread.
For a point-spread bet in this Cougars vs. Cougars matchup, we’re leaning towards the Cougars at -30. Although our projections show the Cougars winning 73-71, we suggest placing your bet on the Bears for the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 157 and given that our model is projecting 144 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.