The Northwestern State Demons (0-4) travel to face off against the Presbyterian Blue Hose (3-1) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at UNF Arena in Jacksonville and televised on ESPN+. Both Northwestern State and Presbyterian will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:00 ET.
Northwestern State Demons vs Presbyterian Blue Hose
The Northwestern State Demons Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
This is the fifth game of the season for Northwestern State, and they are still looking for their first win. In their last ten road games, which includes games from last year, Northwestern State has a record of 6-4. Northwestern State has yet to cover the spread this season, sitting at 0-4 ATS. This includes a 0-2 ATS mark on the road and a 0-2 ATS mark at home.
So far, Northwestern State’s games have averaged 155.5 points per game with the average over/under line being 151.5 points. In the Demons’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 76 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 3-1.
The Presbyterian Blue Hose Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Blue Hose enter today’s game with a 3-1 record after their latest defeat to Maine (80-66). On the road, the Blue Hose are 2-0 this season, while they have a 1-1 record at home. In terms of ATS, Presbyterian has a record of 3-1 thus far in the season. This includes a 2-0 mark on the road vs. the spread and a 1-1 record at home.
Presbyterian comes in with an over/under record of 2-2-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 140.2 points per game so far. When assessing the Blue Hose’s performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 1-1, with their games averaging 79 points per game.
Northwestern State Offense Breakdown
The Northwestern State offense is coming off a game where they scored 74 points against North Florida. They posted a field goal percentage of 35.8% and connected on 3 threes. Offensively, the Demons have a season long field goal percentage of 41%, which is 321st in the nation. In terms of three-pointers, they are 364th in percentage and 279th in three-pointers made.
|Ryan Forrest (G)||16.6||2.6||1.4|
|Cliff Davis (G)||15.5||3.5||0.5|
|Jamison Epps (G)||8.4||9.0||1.8|
Presbyterian Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Presbyterian offense put up 66 points against Maine. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 50% and made 9 threes. On the offensive front, the Blue Hose have a season-long field goal percentage of 49%, ranking 75th nationally. When it comes to three-point shooting, they are ranked 80th in terms of percentage and 271st in three-pointers made.
|Samage Teel (G)||13.8||2.4||2.8|
|Marquis Barnett (G)||12.4||4.8||3.0|
|Jamahri Harvey (G)||9.2||3.2||1.2|
Northwestern State Team Defense
At present, the Demons’ defense is nationally ranked 135th, allowing 79.2 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 6.2 threes per game vs. Presbyterian. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 33.1%.
Presbyterian Team Defense
This season, the Presbyterian defense has been impressive, holding the 61st position in the country while permitting an average of 66.6 points per contest. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Presbyterian’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 38.2% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 28.9% this season.
- In their last ten games away from home, the Demons have a straight up record of 6-4 while going 6-4 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 79 points per game in these contests.
- Presbyterian has played well in their previous three home games, going 2-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 70 points per game while allowing 66. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-0.
- Going back to their last ten games as the underdog, the Demons have a straight up record of 1-9. But, their mark vs the spread was just 5-5.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the favorite, the Blue Hose have a straight up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-2.
Demons vs Blue Hose Prediction
We’re putting our money on the Blue Hose to win, and have the projected score sitting at 78-65. We also like them to cover the spread, so our recommendation is to bet on the Blue Hose at -9.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 144.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.