The Alcorn State Braves (0-6) travel to face off against the Clemson Tigers (4-0) on Friday, November 24th. This game will be played at Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson and televised on ACCN. Clemson is coming off a win in their previous game, while Alcorn State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the UT Arlington. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
Alcorn State Braves vs Clemson Tigers
The Alcorn State Braves Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
So far this season, the Braves have played six games and are still winless. They lost their most recent game to UT Arlington by a score of 82-69. Interestingly, in all six of their games, the Braves were actually favored to win. Against the spread, Alcorn State has a current record of 0-6 this season. In their previous five games, they are 2-3 ATS.
In six games, Alcorn State comes in with an over/under mark of 5-1-0, with their games averaging 157.2 points per game. In the Braves’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 71 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 4-1.
The Clemson Tigers Are Coming Off A Win
Clemson heads into today’s game against Alcorn State with a perfect 4-0 record this season. In their previous five home games, including last year, Clemson has a record of 1-4. Prior to today’s game, Clemson has a 2-2 ATS record. Over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, Clemson holds a 6-4 ATS record.
Up to this point, games involving Clemson have had an average of 143.2 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 140.9 points. Their over/under record is 2-2-0. The Tigers have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 74 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Alcorn State Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Alcorn State offense ended with 69 points against UT Arlington. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 39.7% and made 9 threes. Jeremiah Kendall is leading the team in scoring at 16.8 points per contest. Byron Joshua has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 12.7 going into the game.
|Jeremiah Kendall (F)
|Byron Joshua (PG)
|Jeremiah Gambrell (SG)
Clemson Offense Breakdown
Clemson’s offense is coming off a strong performance vs. Boise State, finishing the game with a total of 85 points. Their season average is now 77 points per game. The top scorer for the Tigers was Joseph Girard III with 23 points, while PJ Hall also chipped in with 14 points.
|PJ Hall (C)
|Joseph Girard III (G)
|Chase Hunter (G)
Alcorn State Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Alcorn State defense is giving up an average of 84.4 points per contest. Alcorn State’s three-point defense is currently 93rd in the country at 10.7 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 48.7% of their shots vs. Alcorn State.
Clemson Team Defense
Currently, the Tigers’ defense holds the 69th rank in the nation, allowing 66.2 points per game. Against Boise State in their most recent game, the Clemson defense gave up a total of 68 points while allowing Boise State to hit 50% of their shots.
Braves vs Tigers Trends
- Although Alcorn State has a straight up record of 0-5 in their last five road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 2-3. The team averaged 71 points per game in these games.
- When looking at their past three home matchups, Clemson has an ATS record of 1-2 while averaging 69 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- The last ten games that Alcorn State was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 5-5 while going 2-8 straight up.
- Through their last three matchups as the betting favorite, the Tigers have a good straight up record, but their ATS mark is just 1-2.
For a point-spread bet in this Tigers vs. Tigers matchup, we’re leaning towards the Tigers at -22.5. Although our projections show the Tigers winning 78-65, we suggest placing your bet on the Braves for the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 148 and our model has the Braves and Tigers finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.