The Florida Gators (4-2) travel to face off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-3) on Wednesday, November 29th. This game will be played at Lawrence Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem and televised on ESPNU. Wake Forest is coming off a win in their previous game, while Florida is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Baylor. Tip-off is set for 7:15 ET.
Florida Gators vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons
The Florida Gators Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Florida enters today’s game with a 4-2 record, and will be playing their 7th game of the season. If they win, they will improve their road record, which is currently 1-2, to .500. Examining Florida’s ATS performance, they currently have a 2-4 record. In their last five games, the team has gone 2-3 against the spread.
In six games, Florida comes in with an over/under mark of 5-0-1, with their games averaging 161 points per game. In the Gators’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 85 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 4-0-1.
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Are Coming Off A Win
After defeating Charleston Southern by a score of 71-56, Wake Forest now has a record of 3-3. In games played on the road, the Demon Deacons are 0-1, while they are 3-2 when playing at home. As of today’s game, Wake Forest has a 2-4 ATS record. In their last five games, the team holds a 2-3 ATS record.
Through six games, Wake Forest has an over/under record of 3-3-0 with their games averaging a combined 151.3 points per game so far. Over the course of the last five games, the Demon Deacons’ games have averaged 78 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-3.
Florida Offense Breakdown
Florida’s offense had a good outing, putting up 91 points against Baylor. They achieved a 44.9% field goal percentage and went 21/27 from the free-throw line. The team’s top scorer is Walter Clayton Jr., who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 16.2, while Tyrese Samuel also maintains a PPG average of 14.5 leading up to the game.
|Walter Clayton Jr. (G)
|Tyrese Samuel (F)
|Riley Kugel (G)
Wake Forest Offense Breakdown
The Wake Forest offense is coming off a game where they scored 71 points against Charleston Southern. They posted a field goal percentage of 43.8% and connected on 5 threes. In terms of offense, the Demon Deacons have a season-long field goal percentage of 47%, putting them 129th in the NCAA. Regarding three-pointers, they are ranked 125th in percentage and 101st in three-pointers made.
|Hunter Sallis (G)
|Cameron Hildreth (G)
|Kevin Miller (G)
Florida Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Florida defense is giving up an average of 74.7 points per contest. So far, the Florida defense is giving up an average of 10.5 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 12.8 times per game (447th).
Wake Forest Team Defense
The Demon Deacons’ defense is presently ranked 139th nationally, allowing an average of 73.0 points per contest. Against Charleston Southern in their most recent game, the Wake Forest defense gave up a total of 56 points while allowing Charleston Southern to hit 43% of their shots.
Gators vs Demon Deacons Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Gators have a straight up record of 3-7 while going 3-6-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 70 points per game in these contests.
- When looking at their past three home matchups, Wake Forest has an ATS record of 1-1-1 while averaging 75 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Demon Deacons have a straight up record of 0-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-4.
- Through their previous five contests as the betting favorite, the Gators have a strong record of 4-1. Their record vs the spread in these matchups is 2-3.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +4, the Demon Deacons is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 156.5, and our model projects the Gators and Demon Deacons to reach a combined total of 142 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.