The Georgia State Panthers (2-2) travel to face off against the Little Rock Trojans (1-3) on Wednesday, November 22nd. This game will be played at Jack Stephens Center in Little Rock and televised on ESPN+. Georgia State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Little Rock is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Georgia State. Tip-off is set for 1:00 ET.
Georgia State Panthers vs Little Rock Trojans
The Georgia State Panthers Are Coming Off A Win
After four games, Georgia State’s record stands at 2-2. In their last three road games, which includes last year, Georgia State has gone 1-2. Regarding ATS, Georgia State has a current record of 2-2 this season. Taking into account results from last season, Georgia State has gone 3-7 against the spread in their last ten games.
Looking at their over/under performance through four games, Georgia State has an over/under record of 2-2-0, with their games averaging 155.5 points per game on average. The Panthers have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 76 points per game.
The Little Rock Trojans Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Little Rock has played four games so far this season and currently has a 1-3 overall record. In their three road games, Little Rock has yet to win, while they are 1-0 at home. As of today’s game, Little Rock’s current against the spread (ATS) record stands at 1-3. Over their last ten games, including those from the previous season, Little Rock has gone 7-3 vs. the spread.
So far, Little Rock’s games have averaged 162.5 points per game with the average over/under line being 149 points. Looking at the Trojans’ last three games, their over/under record is 2-1 with their games averaging 77 points per game.
Georgia State Offense Breakdown
The Georgia State offense is coming off a game in which they scored 88 points vs. Little Rock. Overall their field goal percentage was 46.7% while connecting on 9 threes. On offense, Georgia State has been struggling with their efficiency, coming into today’s game with a field goal percentgage of 41%. So far, they are 91st in free-throws made on a free throw shooting percentage of 72%.
|Lucas Taylor (G)
|Dwon Odom (G)
|Toneari Lane (G)
Little Rock Offense Breakdown
The Trojans’ offense finished with 77 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 78 points per contest. Currently leading the team in scoring is Deantoni Gordon who comes into today’s matchup averaging 17.5. Khalen Robinson also heads into the game with a PPG average of 17.2.
|Deantoni Gordon (F)
|Khalen Robinson (G)
|Jamir Chaplin (G)
Georgia State Team Defense
At present, the Panthers’ defense is nationally ranked 147th, allowing 76.5 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 6.0 threes per game vs. Little Rock. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 29.9%.
Little Rock Team Defense
Currently, the Trojans’ defense holds the 188th rank in the nation, allowing 84.5 points per game. Little Rock’s three-point defense is currently 64th in the country at 8.2 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 48.2% of their shots vs. Little Rock.
Panthers vs Trojans Trends
- Although Georgia State has a straight up record of 1-4 in their last five road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 2-3. The team averaged 75 points per game in these games.
- Across the Trojans last three home games, the team averaged 80 points per game while allowing 90. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 0-3, while going 0-3 straight-up.
- The last three games that Little Rock was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 0-3 while going 0-3 straight up.
- The Panthers have played well in their last five games as the betting favorite, going 4-1 straight up and 4-1 against the spread.
The Trojans come in as the underdog at +1.5, making them our top choice on the point spread. We not only expect them to cover the spread but also believe they have a strong chance of winning the game outright, especially if you’re aiming for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 158.5 and our model has the Panthers and Trojans finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.