The Kansas Jayhawks (4-0) travel to face off against the Marquette Golden Eagles (4-0) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu and televised on ESPN. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 10:30 ET.
Kansas Jayhawks vs Marquette Golden Eagles
The Kansas Jayhawks Are Coming Off A Win
Kansas is currently undefeated with a 4-0 record, and this will be their fifth game of the season. In their last five road games, which includes games from last year, Kansas has a record of 4-1. Kansas’ record vs. the spread heading into today’s game stands at 2-2. Over their last ten games, encompassing the previous season, Kansas has a 5-5 ATS record.
After four games, Kansas has an over/under record of 3-1-0, with their games averaging a combined 156.8 points per game so far. In their most recent three games, the Jayhawks’ over/under record is 2-1, with their games averaging 90 points per game.
The Marquette Golden Eagles Are Coming Off A Win
Heading into their 5th game of the season, Marquette remains undefeated at 4-0. So far, Marquette has played one game away from home and three games at their home arena. As Marquette faces Kansas, their ATS record stands at 2-2. Looking back to last season, Marquette is 4-6 vs. the spread in their previous ten games.
Marquette comes in with an over/under record of 2-2-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 149.2 points per game so far. The Golden Eagles’ last five games have finished with a combined 79 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Kansas Offense Breakdown
The Kansas offense is coming off a game in which they scored 83 points vs. Chaminade. Overall their field goal percentage was 60% while connecting on 4 threes. Currently leading the team in scoring is Hunter Dickinson who comes into today’s matchup averaging 22. Kevin McCullar Jr. also heads into the game with a PPG average of 16.3.
|Hunter Dickinson (C)||22.0||12.3||2.3|
|Kevin McCullar Jr. (G)||16.3||7.7||6.3|
|KJ Adams Jr. (F)||14.0||4.7||2.0|
Marquette Offense Breakdown
The Marquette offense is coming off a game in which they scored 71 points vs. UCLA. Overall their field goal percentage was 45.5% while connecting on 11 threes. Leading the team in scoring was David Joplin with 19 points. Oso Ighodaro also added 14 points for the Golden Eagles.
|Kam Jones (G)||19.3||4.7||3.0|
|Tyler Kolek (G)||14.7||5.3||4.7|
|Oso Ighodaro (F)||13.0||8.7||2.3|
Kansas Team Defense
Kansas’ defense has been playing well, ranking 49th nationally, with 64.2 points allowed per game. Kansas’ three-point defense is currently 56th in the country at 7.5 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 35.4% of their shots vs. Kansas.
Marquette Team Defense
This season, the Marquette defense has been impressive, holding the 69th position in the country while permitting an average of 67.0 points per contest. The Marquette defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 69 points and allowed UCLA to connect on 11 threes.
Jayhawks vs Golden Eagles Trends
- Although Kansas has a straight up record of 6-4 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 4-6. The team averaged 74 points per game in these games.
- In their last three home games, Marquette has averaged 72 points per game while allowing 63. The team’s record in this stretch was 3-0 while going 3-0 vs. the spread.
- Through their last three games as the underdog, the Golden Eagles have an ATS record of 3-0 and a straight up mark of 3-0.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Jayhawks have gone 5-5 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 8-2.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +3, the Golden Eagles is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 155 and given that our model is projecting 141 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.