The Kennesaw State Owls (3-1) travel to face off against the East Carolina Pirates (2-2) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Minges Coliseum in Greenville and televised on ESPN+. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 6:00 ET.
Kennesaw State Owls vs East Carolina Pirates
The Kennesaw State Owls Are Coming Off A Win
Kennesaw State currently has a 3-1 record. In their last three road games, which includes games from last year, they went 1-2. Thus far, Kennesaw State has a 2-1 record vs. the spread heading into today’s game. When considering their performance in the last ten games which includes the previous season, Kennesaw State holds a solid ATS record of 6-2-1.
Kennesaw State comes in with an over/under record of 3-1-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 161 points per game so far. The Owls have an over/under record of 2-0 in their last three games, with their games averaging 92 points per game.
The East Carolina Pirates Are Coming Off A Win
East Carolina, who has a 2-2 record, goes up against Kennesaw State. In every game this season, the Pirates have been favored by the oddsmakers. As of today’s game, East Carolina has a 2-2 record against the spread. Over their last ten games, including the previous season, East Carolina has gone 6-3 vs. the spread.
In four games, East Carolina comes in with an over/under mark of 3-1-0, with their games averaging 152 points per game. The Pirates’ last five games have finished with a combined 81 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
Kennesaw State Offense Breakdown
Against Northeastern, the Kennesaw State had a tough time putting up points compared to their season average of 89.2 points per game. They scored 79 points and posted a field goal percentage of 44.8% in the game. One area that the Kennesaw State offense has been good this season is getting to the line. Currently, they are 90th in free-throw attempts per contest. Overall, they have a field goal percentage of 41%.
|Simeon Cottle (G)||17.8||3.0||2.8|
|Frankquon Sherman (F)||12.8||8.0||0.5|
|Demond Robinson (F)||11.2||10.5||1.5|
East Carolina Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, East Carolina offense put up 82 points against Georgia Southern. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 56% and made 12 threes. Leading the team in scoring was Quentin Diboundje with 27 points. Russell Felton Jr. also added 19 points for the Pirates.
|Russell Felton Jr. (G)||21.0||7.2||1.2|
|Ezra Ausar (F)||16.5||5.8||1.8|
|Brandon Johnson (F)||21.0||7.0||2.0|
Kennesaw State Team Defense
In terms of defense, Kennesaw State is currently on par with the NCAA average for points allowed, giving up an average of 72.8 points per game. The Kennesaw State defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 77 points and allowed Northeastern to connect on 2 threes.
East Carolina Team Defense
At this time, the Pirates’ defense is positioned 99th in the country, permitting 70.6 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, East Carolina’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 57.6% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 28.1% this season.
Owls vs Pirates Trends
- Kennesaw State has played well in their previous 5 road games, going 3-2 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 72 points per game while allowing 73. The team also performed well vs the spread at 4-1.
- East Carolina has a 2-3 record in their last five home games. In this stretch, they averaged 63 points per game while allowing 68. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- In their last five games as the betting underdog, the Owls have a strong straight up record of 3-2. In addition, their ATS record was 4-1 in these scenarios.
- The last three games that East Carolina was favored, they have an ATS mark of 1-2 while going 1-2 straight up.
We’re calling a win for the Pirates, with a final score of 75-67, and we’re taking them to cover the spread. Our recommendation is to bet on the Pirates at -6.5.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 158.5 and given that our model is projecting 142 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.