The La Salle Explorers (4-0) travel to face off against the Duke Blue Devils (3-1) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham and televised on ACCN. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
La Salle Explorers vs Duke Blue Devils
The La Salle Explorers Are Coming Off A Win
Heading into their matchup with Duke, the La Salle Explorers are undefeated with a 4-0 record. In their last five games on the road, including last season, La Salle has a road record of 1-4. As of now, La Salle has a 3-1 record against the spread for the season leading into today’s game. Last season, when playing away from home, La Salle went 6-11 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving La Salle have had an average of 141 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 138.1 points. Their over/under record is 2-2-0. When assessing the Explorers’ performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 2-1, with their games averaging 75 points per game.
The Duke Blue Devils Are Coming Off A Win
Duke currently holds a 3-1 record after defeating Bucknell 90-60 in their last game. The Blue Devils are 1-0 on the road and 2-1 overall this season. As Duke faces La Salle, their ATS record stands at 2-2. In home games this season, Duke is 1-2 vs. the spread, while in their previous ten home games, they are 6-4 ATS.
Duke’s games have, on average, featured 146.5 points per game leading to an over/under record of 2-2-0. Their average over/under line is currently 145.5 points so far. The Blue Devils’ have recorded an over/under record of 2-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 85 points per game.
La Salle Offense Breakdown
La Salle is coming off a good offensive performance, putting up 79 points vs. Southern Indiana. This figure is more than their season average of 73.5 points per game. Khalil Brantley led the scoring for the Explorers, contributing 30 points. Additionally, Daeshon Shepherd chipped in with 17 points.
|Khalil Brantley (G)||17.5||3.8||3.5|
|Jhamir Brickus (G)||14.2||3.2||4.2|
|Daeshon Shepherd (G)||12.5||6.0||0.8|
Duke Offense Breakdown
Duke is coming off a good offensive performance, putting up 90 points vs. Bucknell. This figure is more than their season average of 82.2 points per game. Mark Mitchell was the leading scorer for the Blue Devils, putting up 20 points. In addition, Jared McCain contributed 17 points.
|Kyle Filipowski (C)||18.8||7.2||1.2|
|Jeremy Roach (G)||11.8||1.0||2.8|
|Mark Mitchell (F)||14.0||5.0||1.0|
La Salle Team Defense
So far this season, the La Salle defense has been performing well, ranking 72nd in the country at 67.5 points allowed per contest. So far, the La Salle defense is giving up an average of 9.2 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 8.2 times per game (200th).
Duke Team Defense
At this time, the Blue Devils’ defense is positioned 49th in the country, permitting 64.2 points per game. Against Bucknell in their most recent game, the Duke defense gave up a total of 60 points while allowing Bucknell to hit 49% of their shots.
Explorers vs Blue Devils Trends
- Although La Salle has a straight up record of 4-6 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 7-3. The team averaged 71 points per game in these games.
- Through their last ten home games, Duke has an ATS record of just 6-4. However, their overall record was 6-4 while averaging 69 points per game.
- The last ten games that La Salle was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 6-4 while going 5-5 straight up.
- Over the team’s last three games as the favorite, the Blue Devils struggled vs the spread going just 1-2. However, they still had a straight up mark of 2-1.
In this Blue Devils vs. Blue Devils matchup, our point-spread bet is on the Blue Devils at -26.5. While we project the Blue Devils to win 74-68, our recommendation is to bet on the Explorers for the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 144.5 and our model has the Explorers and Blue Devils finishing with a combined 142 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.