The Lipscomb Bisons (2-2) travel to face off against the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (0-2) on Friday, November 24th. This game will be played at Place Bell in Laval and televised on ESPN+. Lipscomb is coming off a win in their previous game, while UNC Asheville is looking to get back on track from a loss to the UNCW. Tip-off is set for 2:00 ET.
Lipscomb Bisons vs UNC Asheville Bulldogs
The Lipscomb Bisons Are Coming Off A Win
Today, Lipscomb will face UNC Asheville in their fifth game of the season. So far, Lipscomb has a 2-2 record. Looking at their performance in the last ten road games, Lipscomb is 5-5, going back to last year. Looking at Lipscomb’s ATS performance thus far, they currently hold a 2-2 record. In their previous ten games, encompassing the prior season as well, Lipscomb has gone 6-3 ATS.
Through four games, Lipscomb has an over/under record of 3-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 159.5 points per game so far. The Bisons’ last five games have culminated with an average of 88 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
The UNC Asheville Bulldogs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
UNC Asheville is coming into their 3rd game of the season after starting with a 0-2 record. In their last five home games, which includes games from last year, UNC Asheville has a home record of 3-2. UNC Asheville has a current ATS record of 0-2 going into today’s game. In their last three games from last year, the team has a 0-1 ATS record with an average scoring margin of +22.
Through two games, UNC Asheville has an over/under record of 2-0-0 with their games averaging a combined 161 points per game so far. The Bulldogs’ have recorded an over/under record of 1-0 in their last three games, with their games averaging 99 points per game.
Lipscomb Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Lipscomb offense put up 106 points against Alabama A&M. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 56.2% and made 18 threes. Leading Lipscomb in scoring vs. Alabama A&M was Derrin Boyd with his 25 points. A.J McGinnis also added 20 points for the Bisons.
|Derrin Boyd (G)
|A.J McGinnis (G)
|Owen McCormack (C)
UNC Asheville Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, UNC Asheville offense put up 66 points against UNCW. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 44.9% and made 6 threes. Drew Pember is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 15 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Fletcher Abee brings a PPG average of 12 into the game.
|Drew Pember (F)
|Fletcher Abee (G)
|Evan Johnson (G)
Lipscomb Team Defense
Currently, the Bisons’ defense holds the 152nd rank in the nation, allowing 76.2 points per game. In their previous game vs. Alabama A&M, the Bulldogs finished with a field goal percentage of 56% and a total of 81 points vs. Lipscomb.
UNC Asheville Team Defense
UNC Asheville’s defense is currently in line with the NCAA average for points allowed, allowing an average of 73.8 points per game. In today’s game vs. Lipscomb, the UNC Asheville defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, UNC Asheville made 16 free-throws vs. the Bulldogs.
Bisons vs Bulldogs Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Lipscomb has an ATS record of 2-1 while averaging 75 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- In their last three games at home, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 1-2 while going 1-2 vs. the spread. The team averaged 67 points per game in this stretch.
- Going back to their last ten games as the underdog, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 6-4. But, their mark vs the spread was just 6-4.
- Over the team’s last three games as the favorite, the Bisons struggled vs the spread going just 1-2. However, they still had a straight up mark of 2-1.
The Bulldogs come in as the underdog at +1, making them our top choice on the point spread. We not only expect them to cover the spread but also believe they have a strong chance of winning the game outright, especially if you’re aiming for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 154.5 and our model has the Bisons and Bulldogs finishing with a combined 141 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.