The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-3) travel to face off against the Kentucky Wildcats (3-1) on Friday, November 24th. This game will be played at Rupp Arena in Lexington and televised on SECN. Kentucky is coming off a win in their previous game, while Marshall is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Oakland. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
Marshall Thundering Herd vs Kentucky Wildcats
The Marshall Thundering Herd Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today marks the sixth game of the season for Marshall, who currently have a record of 2-3. So far, all of their games have been played on the road. Prior to today’s game, Marshall holds a 2-3 ATS record. In their previous ten games, including those from the previous season, Marshall has gone 4-6 against the spread.
Through five games, Marshall has an over/under record of 1-4-0 with their games averaging a combined 146.2 points per game so far. The Thundering Herd’s have recorded an over/under record of 0-3 in their last three games, with their games averaging 70 points per game.
The Kentucky Wildcats Are Coming Off A Win
Kentucky, who has a 3-1 overall record, will be playing their 5th game of the season. So far, all of their games have been played at home. Against the spread, Kentucky has a record of 1-3 thus far this season. Taking into account the outcomes from last season, Kentucky is 5-5 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
So far, Kentucky’s games have averaged 153.8 points per game with the average over/under line being 144.6 points. The Wildcats’ last five games have finished with a combined 89 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Marshall Offense Breakdown
The Marshall offense is coming off a game where they scored 71 points against Oakland. They posted a field goal percentage of 37% and connected on 7 threes. Leading the team in scoring was Kevon Voyles with 18 points. Nate Martin also added 12 points for the Thundering Herd.
|Kevon Voyles (G)
|Nate Martin (F)
|Kamdyn Curfman (G)
Kentucky Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Kentucky offense put up 101 points against Stonehill. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 63.9% and made 17 threes. On the offensive front, the Wildcats have a season-long field goal percentage of 48%, ranking 76th nationally. When it comes to three-point shooting, they are ranked 53rd in terms of percentage and 5th in three-pointers made.
|Antonio Reeves (G)
|Rob Dillingham (G)
|Tre Mitchell (F)
Marshall Team Defense
In terms of defense, Marshall is currently on par with the NCAA average for points allowed, giving up an average of 73.8 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Marshall’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 42.9% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 28.7% this season.
Kentucky Team Defense
Currently, the Wildcats’ defense holds the 101st rank in the nation, allowing 70.2 points per game. Kentucky’s three-point defense is currently 83rd in the country at 9.4 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 40.2% of their shots vs. Kentucky.
Thundering Herd vs Wildcats Trends
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Marshall has an ATS record of 1-4 while averaging 68 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Kentucky has played well in their previous five home games, going 3-2 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 75 points per game while allowing 74. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- Going back to their last ten games as the underdog, the Thundering Herd have a straight up record of 4-6. But, their mark vs the spread was just 5-5.
- Across their last three matchups as the betting favorite, the Wildcats have an overall record of 3-0 while going 0-3 against the spread.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Wildcats vs. Thundering Herd matchup, our bet is to grab the Thundering Herd at +18.5. Even though our projections have the Wildcats winning 73-71, we see the Thundering Herd as the play on the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 156.5, and our model projects the Thundering Herd and Wildcats to reach a combined total of 144 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.