The Navy Midshipmen (0-3) travel to face off against the San Diego Toreros (2-1) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Jenny Craig Pavilion in San Diego and televised on ESPN+. San Diego is coming off a win in their previous game, while Navy is looking to get back on track from a loss to the California-San Diego. Tip-off is set for 10:00 ET.
Navy Midshipmen vs San Diego Toreros
The Navy Midshipmen Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today, Navy will face off against San Diego in their fourth game of the season. So far, Navy has yet to win a game this year, holding a 0-3 record. Looking back at their previous five road games, including last season, Navy has a 3-2 record. In terms of Navy’s performance against the spread, they come into today’s game with a 0-3 record. Looking back to last season, Navy has gone 4-6 against the spread in their previous ten games.
Through three games, Navy has an over/under record of 1-2-0 with their games averaging a combined 126 points per game so far. The Midshipmen’s last five games have culminated with an average of 56 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
The San Diego Toreros Are Coming Off A Win
San Diego has played three games so far this season and have a record of 2-1. In their previous ten home games, including those from last year, San Diego has a 2-8 record. San Diego enters today’s game with a 1-2 record against the spread. Including last season, they are 4-5 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
San Diego’s games have, on average, featured 143.7 points per game leading to an over/under record of 2-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 148.5 points so far. When analyzing the Toreros’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 71 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
Navy Offense Breakdown
In their most recent game, the Navy offense put up just 55 points vs. the California-San Diego Tritons. Overall, they are now averaging 57 points per game which is 445th in the country. The team’s top scorer is Austin Benigni, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 9.7, while Mitch Fischer also carries a PPG average of 8.7 into the game.
|Austin Benigni (G)||9.7||1.7||1.3|
|Mitch Fischer (F)||8.7||4.3||1.0|
|Austin Inge (G)||6.7||2.0||1.0|
San Diego Offense Breakdown
San Diego is fresh off a strong offensive showing, putting up 80 points versus Le Moyne. This output is higher than their season-average of 74.5 points per game. Leading the team in scoring was Deuce Turner with 19 points. Kevin Patton Jr. also added 14 points for the Toreros.
|Wayne McKinney II (G)||15.5||4.2||3.5|
|Deuce Turner (G)||11.8||1.0||1.5|
|Kevin Patton Jr. (G)||11.2||8.0||2.2|
Navy Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Navy defense is giving up an average of 69.0 points per contest. In their previous game vs. California-San Diego, the Tritons finished with a field goal percentage of 47% and a total of 73 points vs. Navy.
San Diego Team Defense
In the current season, the San Diego defense has excelled, sitting 66th in the nation by allowing 66.2 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, San Diego’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 49.0% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 20.8% this season.
Midshipmen vs Toreros Trends
- Across the Midshipmen last ten road games, the team averaged 66 points per game while allowing 62. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 6-4, while going 6-4 straight-up.
- Across the Toreros last three home games, the team averaged 69 points per game while allowing 86. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 0-3, while going 0-3 straight-up.
- The last three games that Navy was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 0-3 while going 0-3 straight up.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Toreros have a straight up record of 4-6. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-8.
When looking to get a point-spread pick down in this Toreros vs. Toreros game, our recommendation is to take the Toreros at -6.5. Despite our model showing the Toreros winning 74-70, we like Midshipmen as our point-spread pick.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 137.5, and our model predicts the Midshipmen and Toreros to score a combined 144 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.