The Pittsburgh Panthers (4-1) travel to face off against the Oregon State Beavers (3-2) on Friday, November 24th. This game will be played at Barclays Center in Brooklyn and televised on ESPN2. Both Pittsburgh and Oregon State will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 ET.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs Oregon State Beavers
The Pittsburgh Panthers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Pittsburgh, who enters the game against Oregon State with a record of 4-1 this season, has gone 2-3 in their previous five road games, including last year. As Pittsburgh prepares to face Oregon State, they hold a 4-1 ATS record. In their previous ten games, Pittsburgh has gone 7-3 against the spread, taking into account games from the previous season.
Up to this point, games involving Pittsburgh have had an average of 156.2 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 144 points. Their over/under record is 5-0-0. The Panthers have an over/under record of 3-0 in their last three games, with their games averaging 88 points per game.
The Oregon State Beavers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Beavers are set to play their 6th game of the season, with a 3-2 record. So far this season, all of their games have been on the road. Heading into their game against Pittsburgh, Oregon State holds a 1-4 ATS record. Over their last five games, the team is 2-3 vs. the spread.
Oregon State’s games have, on average, featured 149.6 points per game leading to an over/under record of 4-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 138.3 points so far. The Beavers’ have recorded an over/under record of 3-0 in their last three games, with their games averaging 72 points per game.
Pittsburgh Offense Breakdown
Against Florida, the Pittsburgh had a tough time putting up points compared to their season average of 90.6 points per game. They scored 71 points and posted a field goal percentage of 35.3% in the game. On the offensive front, the Panthers have a season-long field goal percentage of 46%, ranking 144th nationally. When it comes to three-point shooting, they are ranked 126th in terms of percentage and 12th in three-pointers made.
|Blake Hinson (F)
|Carlton Carrington (G)
|Ishmael Leggett (G)
Oregon State Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Oregon State offense ended with 72 points against Baylor. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 49.1% and made 4 threes. The team’s scoring leader is Jordan Pope, who holds an average of 19 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Tyler Bilodeau is averaging 13.8 points per game this season.
|Jordan Pope (G)
|Tyler Bilodeau (F)
|Dexter Akanno (G)
Pittsburgh Team Defense
At present, the Panthers’ defense is nationally ranked 65th, allowing 65.6 points per game. In their most recent game, the Pittsburgh defense struggled to defend the three-point line, as Florida knocked down 10 three-pointers on their way to 86 points.
Oregon State Team Defense
On defense, Oregon State is currently around the NCAA average in points allowed, giving up an average of 73.8 points per game. Oregon State’s three-point defense is currently 54th in the country at 6.8 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 34.7% of their shots vs. Oregon State.
Panthers vs Beavers Trends
- Across their last three road contests, Pittsburgh has been good against the spread posting a mark of 2-1. Their overall mark in these games was 2-1, while averaging 64 points per game.
- Although Oregon State has a straight up record of 0-3 in their last three home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 1-2. The team averaged 55 points per game in these games.
- Going back to their previous three games as the underdog, Oregon State has an ATS mark of 2-1 while going 0-3 straight up.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Panthers have a strong straight up record of 5-0. In addition, their ATS record was 5-0 in these scenarios.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +9.5, the Beavers is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 144.5, and our model projects the Panthers and Beavers to reach a combined total of 142 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.