The Purdue Boilermakers (3-0) travel to face off against the Gonzaga Bulldogs (1-0) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu and televised on ESPN2. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 5:00 ET.
Purdue Boilermakers vs Gonzaga Bulldogs
The Purdue Boilermakers Are Coming Off A Win
Purdue, who is currently 3-0 on the season, are preparing for their fourth game. In their last three road games, including those from last year, Purdue has a record of 1-2. Purdue’s ATS record sits at 1-1 prior to today’s game. As they prepare for their initial away game of the season, Purdue is carrying a 5-7 vs. the spread record on the road from last year.
Through three games, Purdue has an over/under record of 2-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 147 points per game so far. In the Boilermakers’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 78 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 2-3.
The Gonzaga Bulldogs Are Coming Off A Win
After one game, Gonzaga has a record of 1-0. In their last three home games, including last year, Gonzaga has a record of 3-0. As of today’s game, Gonzaga’s ATS record is 1-0. In the previous three games, the school has gone 1-1 vs. the spread with an average scoring margin of +13.
Coming off their opening game, Gonzaga’s over/under record is 1-0-0, after going 19-13-0 last season. When assessing the Bulldogs’ performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 1-1, with their games averaging 87 points per game.
Purdue Offense Breakdown
Purdue’s offense is coming off a strong performance vs. Xavier, finishing the game with a total of 83 points. Their season average is now 89.3 points per game. The team’s scoring leader is Zach Edey, who holds an average of 20.7 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Braden Smith is averaging 11.7 points per game this season.
|Zach Edey (C)||20.7||10.0||2.0|
|Braden Smith (G)||11.7||6.0||8.3|
|Lance Jones (G)||9.7||2.7||3.7|
Gonzaga Offense Breakdown
Gonzaga’s offense is coming off a strong performance, scoring 86 points against Yale. They had an overall field goal percentage of 50% and made 15/21 free throws. Leading Gonzaga in scoring vs. Yale was Braden Huff with his 19 points. Ryan Nembhard also added 16 points for the Bulldogs.
|Braden Huff (F)||21.0||7.5||0.0|
|Graham Ike (F)||18.0||7.0||1.5|
|Anton Watson (F)||15.5||9.0||2.0|
Purdue Team Defense
So far this season, the Purdue defense has been performing well, ranking 12th in the country at 57.7 points allowed per contest. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Purdue’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 34.7% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 22.2% this season.
Gonzaga Team Defense
At this time, the Bulldogs’ defense is positioned 47th in the country, permitting 64.0 points per game. Against Yale in their most recent game, the Gonzaga defense gave up a total of 71 points while allowing Yale to hit 50% of their shots.
Boilermakers vs Bulldogs Trends
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, Purdue has an ATS record of 3-6-1 while averaging 66 per game. The team went 7-3 overall in these games.
- Across their last five home contests, Gonzaga has been good against the spread posting a mark of 3-2. Their overall mark in these games was 4-1, while averaging 86 points per game.
- As the betting underdog, the Bulldogs have an ATS mark of just 6-4 in their last ten games. Gonzaga posted a straight up mark of 6-4 in these matchups.
- Through their last three matchups as the betting favorite, the Boilermakers have a good straight up record, but their ATS mark is just 1-1-1.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +5, the Bulldogs is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 155.5, and our model projects the Boilermakers and Bulldogs to reach a combined total of 143 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.