The SMU Mustangs (2-1) travel to face off against the West Virginia Mountaineers (2-1) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Suncoast Credit Union Arena in Fort Myers and televised on FS1. West Virginia is coming off a win in their previous game, while SMU is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Texas A&M. Tip-off is set for 8:30 ET.
SMU Mustangs vs West Virginia Mountaineers
The SMU Mustangs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
SMU is getting ready for their fourth game of the season, holding a 2-1 record. All of their games thus far have been played at home. Against the spread, SMU has a current record of 1-2 this season. Taking into account the previous year’s outcomes, SMU has gone 4-4-1 ATS in their last ten games.
SMU’s games have, on average, featured 144.3 points per game leading to an over/under record of 1-2-0. Their average over/under line is currently 145.5 points so far. The Mustangs’ last five games have finished with a combined 77 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
The West Virginia Mountaineers Are Coming Off A Win
As of today, West Virginia comes into their game against SMU with a record of 2-1. Looking at their previous ten home games, West Virginia has a 2-8 record, which includes games from last year. In terms of West Virginia’s ATS performance, they currently stand at 2-1 heading into today’s game. Looking back to last season, West Virginia has gone 6-3-1 against the spread in their last ten games.
After three games, West Virginia has an over/under record of 1-2-0, with their games averaging a combined 130.3 points per game so far. The Mountaineers’ last five games have culminated with an average of 73 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
SMU Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, SMU offense put up 66 points against Texas A&M. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 35.4% and made 10 threes. The team’s top scorer is Chuck Harris, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 14.2, while Zhuric Phelps also carries a PPG average of 13.5 into the game.
|Chuck Harris (G)||14.2||2.0||0.8|
|Zhuric Phelps (G)||13.5||3.2||3.5|
|Tyreek Smith (F)||10.2||7.5||0.0|
West Virginia Offense Breakdown
The West Virginia offense is coming off a game in which they scored 70 points vs. Jacksonville State. Overall their field goal percentage was 51.1% while connecting on 8 threes. Kobe Johnson led the scoring for the Mountaineers, contributing 19 points. Additionally, Quinn Slazinski chipped in with 19 points.
|Quinn Slazinski (F)||17.3||5.3||3.0|
|Jesse Edwards (C)||14.3||10.7||1.3|
|Kobe Johnson (G)||13.3||4.0||3.7|
SMU Team Defense
At present, the Mustangs’ defense is nationally ranked 59th, allowing 65.5 points per game. In their previous game vs. Texas A&M, the Aggies finished with a field goal percentage of 35% and a total of 79 points vs. SMU.
West Virginia Team Defense
At this time, the Mountaineers’ defense is positioned 40th in the country, permitting 63.0 points per game. Against Jacksonville State in their most recent game, the West Virginia defense gave up a total of 57 points while allowing Jacksonville State to hit 51% of their shots.
Mustangs vs Mountaineers Trends
- In their last three games away from home, the Mustangs have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 1-1-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 70 points per game in these contests.
- Although West Virginia has a straight up record of 2-8 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 4-6. The team averaged 68 points per game in these games.
- The last ten games that West Virginia was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 4-6 while going 2-8 straight up.
- Although the Mustangs have a strong straight up record in their last five games as the betting favorite, they have not done as well vs the spread going 2-3.
Coming in as the underdogs at +2.5, we have the Mountaineers as the way to go on the point spread. Not only do we have them covering, but our projections show they have a good one of winning this one straight-up, if you’re looking for a higher payout on the moneyline.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 145 and our model has the Mustangs and Mountaineers finishing with a combined 140 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.