The South Carolina State Bulldogs (1-2) travel to face off against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-0) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Reynolds Center in Tulsa and televised on ESPN+. Tulsa is coming off a win in their previous game, while South Carolina State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Samford. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs Tulsa Golden Hurricane
The South Carolina State Bulldogs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As they prepare to face Tulsa, South Carolina State enters with a 1-2 record this season. Looking back to their last five road games, South Carolina State has yet to win, going 0-5. As of today’s game, South Carolina State holds a 1-2 record against the spread. Taking into account their previous ten games, including those from the previous season, South Carolina State has gone 4-4-1 ATS.
Looking at their over/under performance through three games, South Carolina State has an over/under record of 2-1-0, with their games averaging 157.7 points per game on average. When analyzing the Bulldogs’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 66 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane Are Coming Off A Win
The South Carolina State Bulldogs are 3-0 overall and will face Tulsa who has lost their previous ten home games, dating back to last year. Entering today’s game, Tulsa holds a 2-0 against the spread (ATS) record. Taking into account their performance from the previous season, Tulsa has gone 4-3-3 ATS in their last ten games.
In three games, Tulsa comes in with an over/under mark of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 134.3 points per game. The Golden Hurricane’s last five games have culminated with an average of 67 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
South Carolina State Offense Breakdown
In their previous game, the Bulldogs’ offense finished with 72 points, which is right in line with their current average of 69 points per contest. Omer Croskey was the leading scorer for the Bulldogs, putting up 15 points. In addition, Mitchel Taylor contributed 8 points.
|Omer Croskey (G)||13.0||3.2||1.5|
|Mitchel Taylor (PG)||12.0||3.0||3.5|
|Davion Everett (F)||6.5||9.0||1.0|
Tulsa Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Tulsa offense ended with 72 points against Jackson State. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 38.7% and made 5 threes. The team’s top scorer is Cobe Williams, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 16.7, while PJ Haggerty also carries a PPG average of 15.7 into the game.
|Cobe Williams (G)||16.7||3||4.3|
|PJ Haggerty (G)||15.7||6||3.3|
|Isaiah Barnes (G)||13.0||7||1.7|
South Carolina State Team Defense
As they prepare for the upcoming game, South Carolina State is focused on shoring up their defense, as they are currently allowing an average of 79.8 points per game (168th). In today’s game vs. Tulsa, the South Carolina State defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, South Carolina State made 32 free-throws vs. the Bulldogs.
Tulsa Team Defense
At present, the Golden Hurricane’s defense is nationally ranked 19th, allowing 58.7 points per game. In their previous game vs. Jackson State, the Tigers finished with a field goal percentage of 38% and a total of 52 points vs. Tulsa.
Bulldogs vs Golden Hurricane Trends
- Across the Bulldogs last five road games, the team averaged 61 points per game while allowing 84. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 2-3, while going 0-5 straight-up.
- Through their last three home contests, the Golden Hurricane offense has averaged 57 points per game while allowing an average of 76. Tulsa posted an overall record of 0-3 while going 0-3 ATS.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 1-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-2-1.
- Across their last five matchups as the betting favorite, the Golden Hurricane have an overall record of 5-0 while going 2-2-1 against the spread.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Golden Hurricane vs. Bulldogs matchup, our bet is to grab the Bulldogs at +15.5. Even though our projections have the Golden Hurricane winning 76-66, we see the Bulldogs as the play on the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 150.5 and our model has the Bulldogs and Golden Hurricane finishing with a combined 142 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.