The Tarleton State Texans (3-2) travel to face off against the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (3-2) on Wednesday, November 29th. This game will be played at Johnson Coliseum in Nacogdoches and televised on ESPN+. Tarleton State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Stephen F. Austin is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Utah State. Tip-off is set for 7:30 ET.
Tarleton State Texans vs Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
The Tarleton State Texans Are Coming Off A Win
Tarleton State comes into their matchup against Stephen F. Austin with a 3-2 record this season. In their previous five road games, including those from last year, Tarleton State has gone 1-4. Thus far, Tarleton State has a 3-2 record vs. the spread heading into today’s game. When considering their performance from last season, Tarleton State has gone 3-5 vs. the spread in their previous ten games.
Tarleton State comes in with an over/under record of 3-2-0 through five games, with their games averaging a combined 130 points per game so far. The Texans have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 62 points per game.
The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
In their last five home games, including last year, Stephen F. Austin has a record of 3-2. The Tarleton State Texans have an overall record of 3-2 as they prepare to face Stephen F. Austin. As of now, Stephen F. Austin has a 3-2 record against the spread for the season, leading into today’s game. This includes a 1-1 record on the road vs. the spread and a 2-1 record at home.
After five games, Stephen F. Austin has an over/under record of 3-2-0, with their games averaging a combined 149 points per game so far. In their most recent three games, the Lumberjacks’ over/under record is 2-1, with their games averaging 75 points per game.
Tarleton State Offense Breakdown
Most recently, the Tarleton State offense finished with just 59 points vs. Bakersfield. For the game, they hit 8/21 three-point attempts and a field goal percentage of 38.6%. Jakorie Smith led the team in scoring, putting up 17 points. Additionally, Kiandre Gaddy contributed 12 points for the Texans.
|Jakorie Smith (F)
|Kiandre Gaddy (F)
|Lue Williams (G)
Stephen F. Austin Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Stephen F. Austin offense ended with 49 points against Utah State. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 33.9% and made 3 threes. Offensively, the Lumberjacks hold a season-long field goal percentage of 51%, placing them 31st in the national rankings. When it comes to three-pointers, they are ranked 56th in terms of percentage and 163rd in three-pointers made.
|Sadaidriene Hall (F)
|Latrell Jossell (G)
|AJ Cajuste (G)
Tarleton State Team Defense
So far, the Texans’ defense is ranked 42nd in the country at 63.7 points per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 7.0 threes per game vs. Stephen F. Austin. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 31.2%.
Stephen F. Austin Team Defense
Stephen F. Austin’s defense is currently in line with the NCAA average for points allowed, allowing an average of 71.3 points per game. Against Utah State, the Lumberjacks’ defense gave up 79 points and did a good job not fouling. For the game, Utah State only made 8 free-throws.
Texans vs Lumberjacks Trends
- Although Tarleton State has a straight up record of 3-7 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 4-6. The team averaged 66 points per game in these games.
- Across their ten previous home games, Stephen F. Austin has an ATS mark of 5-4-1. Their straight up record in these matchups was 4-6 while averaging 76 points per game.
- Going back to their previous five games as the underdog, Tarleton State has an ATS mark of 2-3 while going 2-3 straight up.
- As the betting favorite, the Lumberjacks have an ATS mark of just 6-4 in their last ten games. Stephen F. Austin posted a straight up mark of 7-3 in these matchups.
For today’s matchup we are recommending to take the Lumberjacks to secure the win, with an expected final score of 87-61. When it comes to the spread, we believe they’ll cover at -8.5.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 140.5, and our model predicts the Texans and Lumberjacks to score a combined 148 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.