The Tennessee Volunteers (3-0) travel to face off against the Syracuse Orange (3-0) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu and televised on ESPN2. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 2:30 ET.
Tennessee Volunteers vs Syracuse Orange
The Tennessee Volunteers Are Coming Off A Win
As they prepare for their fourth game of the season, Tennessee, who currently holds a 3-0 record, has won all three previous games where they were the favored team. Prior to today’s game, Tennessee holds a 2-1 ATS record. Over their previous ten games, including those from the previous season, Tennessee has gone 5-5 vs. the spread.
Tennessee’s games have, on average, featured 138.3 points per game leading to an over/under record of 2-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 135.8 points so far. The Volunteers’ last five games have finished with a combined 72 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
The Syracuse Orange Are Coming Off A Win
This will be Syracuse’s fourth game of the season, and they are currently undefeated at 3-0. In their previous three games as the underdog, Syracuse has yet to win, going 0-3. As of today’s game, Syracuse has a 0-3 record against the spread. Over their last ten games, including last season, Syracuse has gone 3-5-2 vs. the spread.
In three games, Syracuse comes in with an over/under mark of 2-1-0, with their games averaging 158.3 points per game. When analyzing the Orange’s last five games, they have produced a combined average of 79 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Tennessee Offense Breakdown
Tennessee’s offense had a good outing, putting up 82 points against Wofford. They achieved a 45.8% field goal percentage and went 17/23 from the free-throw line. The team’s top scorer is Dalton Knecht, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 19.7, while Jordan Gainey also carries a PPG average of 13.3 into the game.
|Dalton Knecht (G)||19.7||3.7||1.0|
|Jordan Gainey (G)||13.3||1.7||2.0|
|Josiah-Jordan James (G)||11.3||6.7||1.3|
Syracuse Offense Breakdown
The Orange’s offense finished with 79 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 83.7 points per contest. The team’s top scorer is Judah Mintz, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 23, while Chris Bell also carries a PPG average of 14 into the game.
|Judah Mintz (G)||23.0||3.0||5.0|
|Chris Bell (F)||14.0||2.0||0.7|
|J.J. Starling (G)||13.3||6.3||4.3|
Tennessee Team Defense
This season, the Tennessee defense has been impressive, holding the 12th position in the country while permitting an average of 57.7 points per contest. Against Wofford in their most recent game, the Tennessee defense gave up a total of 61 points while allowing Wofford to hit 45% of their shots.
Syracuse Team Defense
Syracuse’s defense is currently in line with the NCAA average for points allowed, allowing an average of 74.7 points per game. Syracuse’s three-point defense is currently 71st in the country at 9.0 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 44.5% of their shots vs. Syracuse.
Volunteers vs Orange Trends
- Across the Volunteers last five road games, the team averaged 67 points per game while allowing 72. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 1-4, while going 1-4 straight-up.
- Across their three previous home games, Syracuse has an ATS mark of 1-2. Their straight up record in these matchups was 1-2 while averaging 77 points per game.
- In their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Orange have a straight up record of 1-9 and an ATS mark of 4-4-2.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Volunteers have a straight up record of 7-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
As the underdogs with a spread of +12.5, we recommend going with the Orange on the point spread. We not only see them covering the spread but also have a strong likelihood of winning this one outright, especially if you’re seeking a higher payout on the moneyline.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 147, and our model projects the Volunteers and Orange to reach a combined total of 142 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.