The Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-0) travel to face off against the Villanova Wildcats (3-1) on Wednesday, November 22nd. This game will be played at Imperial Arena in Nassau and televised on ESPN. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 2:30 ET.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs Villanova Wildcats
The Texas Tech Red Raiders Are Coming Off A Win
So far this season, Texas Tech has played three games and currently holds a perfect 3-0 record. In all three games they have played, the Red Raiders have been the favored team. Texas Tech enters today’s game with a 1-2 record against the spread (ATS). Over their last three games, including those from last season, the team has a 1-2 ATS record and an average scoring differential of +6.
After three games, Texas Tech has an over/under record of 0-3-0, with their games averaging a combined 118 points per game so far. The Red Raiders have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 66 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
The Villanova Wildcats Are Coming Off A Win
Villanova is entering their fifth game of the season with a record of 3-1. So far, the Wildcats have played one game on the road and are 0-1, while they are 3-0 at home. As of today’s game, Villanova holds a 2-2 ATS record. Taking into account the previous season, Villanova has gone 6-4 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
Up to this point, games involving Villanova have had an average of 134.5 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 139 points. Their over/under record is 2-2-0. In their most recent three games, the Wildcats’ over/under record is 1-2, with their games averaging 76 points per game.
Texas Tech Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Texas Tech offense put up 73 points against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 44.4% and made 5 threes. Leading Texas Tech in scoring vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was Chance McMillian with his 17 points. Joe Toussaint also added 14 points for the Red Raiders.
|Pop Isaacs (G)
|Joe Toussaint (G)
|Darrion Williams (G)
Villanova Offense Breakdown
The Villanova offense is coming off a game where they scored 57 points against Maryland. They posted a field goal percentage of 45% and connected on 7 threes. Currently leading the team in scoring is Justin Moore who comes into today’s matchup averaging 16. Tyler Burton also heads into the game with a PPG average of 11.8.
|Justin Moore (G)
|Tyler Burton (F)
|TJ Bamba (G)
Texas Tech Team Defense
This season, the Texas Tech defense has been impressive, holding the 3rd position in the country while permitting an average of 50.7 points per contest. The Texas Tech defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 64 points and allowed Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to connect on 5 threes.
Villanova Team Defense
This season, the Villanova defense has been impressive, holding the 20th position in the country while permitting an average of 59.0 points per contest. In their previous game vs. Maryland, the Terrapins finished with a field goal percentage of 45% and a total of 40 points vs. Villanova.
Red Raiders vs Wildcats Trends
- In their last five road games, Texas Tech has averaged 69 points per game while allowing 70. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-3 while going 4-1.
- In their last ten games at home, the Wildcats have a straight up record of 3-7 while going 4-6 vs. the spread. The team averaged 66 points per game in this stretch.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Red Raiders have a straight up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-1.
- Villanova has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 4-1 SU and 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
Not only do we have the Wildcats winning this one by a score of 76-67, but we see them covering the spread. Our pick is to grab the Wildcats at -3.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 129.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.