The UC Irvine Anteaters (6-3) travel to face off against the San Diego State Aztecs (7-2) on Saturday, December 9th. This game will be played at Viejas Arena in San Diego and televised on FS1. San Diego State is coming off a win in their previous game, while UC Irvine is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Utah State. Tip-off is set for 10:30 ET.
UC Irvine Anteaters vs San Diego State Aztecs
The UC Irvine Anteaters Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After playing nine games, UC Irvine has a 6-3 overall record. In their four home games, the Anteaters are undefeated, but they have a 1-3 record on the road. UC Irvine comes into today’s game with a 6-2 record against the spread. Over their last five games, the team has gone 4-1 vs. the spread.
After nine games, UC Irvine has an over/under record of 3-4-1, with their games averaging a combined 142.8 points per game so far. The Anteaters have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 141 points per game and an over/under record of 1-3-1.
The San Diego State Aztecs Are Coming Off A Win
San Diego State is entering their 10th game of the season, having a 7-2 record overall. In their previous ten home games, including last year, San Diego State has a perfect 10-0 record at home. San Diego State has a subpar ATS performance, sitting at 2-6. In their last five games, the team is winless vs. the spread at 0-4.
So far, San Diego State’s games have averaged 149.1 points per game with the average over/under line being 140.6 points. When looking at the Aztecs’ last three games, their over/under record is 1-1, with their games averaging 133 points per game.
UC Irvine Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, UC Irvine offense put up 69 points against Utah State. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 47.4% and made 5 threes. The team’s top scorer is Justin Hohn, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 13.7, while Derin Saran also maintains a PPG average of 11.1 leading up to the game.
|Justin Hohn (G)
|Derin Saran (G)
|Devin Tillis (F)
San Diego State Offense Breakdown
The San Diego State offense is coming off a game where they scored 63 points against California-San Diego. They posted a field goal percentage of 41.3% and connected on 8 threes. The team’s scoring leader is Jaedon LeDee, who holds an average of 22.8 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Reese Waters is averaging 14.4 points per game this season.
|Jaedon LeDee (F)
|Reese Waters (G)
|Micah Parrish (G)
UC Irvine Team Defense
At present, the Anteaters’ defense is nationally ranked 74th, allowing 66.8 points per game. UC Irvine’s three-point defense is currently 39th in the country at 5.1 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 42.9% of their shots vs. UC Irvine.
San Diego State Team Defense
At present, the Aztecs’ defense is nationally ranked 81st, allowing 67.2 points per game. San Diego State will look once again to perform well on defense, holding California-San Diego to just 39% shooting in their most recent game.
Anteaters vs Aztecs Trends
- UC Irvine has a 1-2 record in their last three road games. In this stretch, they averaged 67 points per game while allowing 68. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Although San Diego State has a straight up record of 6-4 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 3-7. The team averaged 65 points per game in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Anteaters have a straight up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-1.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the favorite, San Diego State has an ATS mark of 4-6 while going 9-1 straight up.
For a point-spread bet in this Aztecs vs. Aztecs matchup, we’re leaning towards the Aztecs at -9.5. Although our projections show the Aztecs winning 73-70, we suggest placing your bet on the Anteaters for the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 139.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.