The UCLA Bruins (3-0) travel to face off against the Marquette Golden Eagles (3-0) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu and televised on ESPN2. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 11:30 ET.
UCLA Bruins vs Marquette Golden Eagles
The UCLA Bruins Are Coming Off A Win
The UCLA Bruins head into today’s game against Marquette with a perfect 3-0 record. So far, the Bruins have been the favorites in all three of their previous games. As of today, UCLA’s ATS record is 1-2. Over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, UCLA has gone 5-4-1 vs. the spread.
After three games, UCLA has an over/under record of 0-3-0, with their games averaging a combined 124.3 points per game so far. In the Bruins’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 73 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 2-3.
The Marquette Golden Eagles Are Coming Off A Win
Marquette, who has a perfect 3-0 record, is preparing for their fourth game of the season. In their previous three games as the favored team, Marquette has a 2-1 record. Entering today’s game, Marquette holds a 2-1 record against the spread. Over their previous ten games, including those from last season, Marquette has gone 4-6 vs. the spread.
Marquette’s games have, on average, featured 152.3 points per game leading to an over/under record of 2-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 150.7 points so far. The Golden Eagles’ last five games have culminated with an average of 78 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
UCLA Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, UCLA offense put up 78 points against LIU. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 55.6% and made 0 threes. Adem Bona led the scoring for the Bruins, contributing 20 points. Additionally, Aday Mara chipped in with 14 points.
|Adem Bona (F)||18.0||8.7||1.3|
|Sebastian Mack (G)||12.7||3.0||1.0|
|Lazar Stefanovic (G)||9.7||6.0||1.7|
Marquette Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the Marquette offense tallied 71 points in a matchup against Illinois. Their field goal percentage for the game was 43.5%, and they made 5 threes. Tyler Kolek led the team in scoring, putting up 24 points. Additionally, Kam Jones contributed 15 points for the Golden Eagles.
|Kam Jones (G)||19.3||4.7||3.0|
|Tyler Kolek (G)||14.7||5.3||4.7|
|Oso Ighodaro (F)||13.0||8.7||2.3|
UCLA Team Defense
Currently, the Bruins’ defense holds the 3rd rank in the nation, allowing 50.7 points per game. Against LIU in their most recent game, the UCLA defense gave up a total of 58 points while allowing LIU to hit 55% of their shots.
Marquette Team Defense
This season, the Marquette defense has been impressive, holding the 67th position in the country while permitting an average of 66.3 points per contest. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Marquette’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 37.2% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 28.8% this season.
Bruins vs Golden Eagles Trends
- Although UCLA has a straight up record of 4-1 in their last five road games, they have not held up as well vs. the spread going 1-2-2. The team averaged 66 points per game in these games.
- Marquette has played well in their previous three home games, going 3-0 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 72 points per game while allowing 63. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-0.
- Spanning across their last three games as the betting underdog, the Bruins have gone 1-1-1 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 1-2.
- Through their previous three contests as the betting favorite, the Golden Eagles have a strong record of 2-1. Their record vs the spread in these matchups is 1-2.
The Golden Eagles is our pick to not only win with a projected score of 78-65. But we also favor them to cover the spread. Our bet is on the Golden Eagles at -5.5.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 141.5 and our model has the Bruins and Golden Eagles finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.