The UMBC Retrievers (2-2) travel to face off against the Maryland Terrapins (1-3) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at XFINITY Center in College Park and televised on BTN. UMBC is coming off a win in their previous game, while Maryland is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Villanova. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
UMBC Retrievers vs Maryland Terrapins
The UMBC Retrievers Are Coming Off A Win
Before today’s game, UMBC had a 2-2 record. In away games, the Retrievers have gone 0-1 this season, while they have a 2-1 record at home. As UMBC enters today’s game, their ATS record stands at 2-2. Taking into account results from last season, UMBC has gone 4-5 against the spread in their last ten games.
UMBC comes in with an over/under record of 3-1-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 162.2 points per game so far. The Retrievers’ last five games have finished with a combined 83 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
The Maryland Terrapins Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Maryland comes into their 5th game of the season with a 1-3 overall record. In their last three home games, which includes last year, Maryland has gone 0-3 at home. Prior to today’s game, Maryland has a 0-4 ATS record. However, when considering their performance in the previous season, Maryland is 7-3 ATS in their last ten games.
After four games, Maryland has an over/under record of 0-4-0, with their games averaging a combined 118 points per game so far. The Terrapins have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 68 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
UMBC Offense Breakdown
The UMBC offense is coming off a game where they scored 94 points against Loyola Maryland. They posted a field goal percentage of 48.7% and connected on 11 threes. In terms of offense, the Retrievers have a season-long field goal percentage of 47%, putting them 120th in the NCAA. Regarding three-pointers, they are ranked 77th in percentage and 146th in three-pointers made.
|Khydarius Smith (C)||16.0||3.8||0.4|
|Dion Brown (G)||14.2||5.6||3.0|
|Marcus Banks Jr. (G)||12.6||4.4||0.8|
Maryland Offense Breakdown
In their most recent game, the Maryland offense concluded with only 40 points against Villanova. Throughout the game, they made 5/26 three-point attempts and had a field goal percentage of 24%. Leading the team in scoring is Jahmir Young, who is averaging 13.2 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, Julian Reese also maintains a PPG average of 12.2 heading into game.
|Jahmir Young (G)||13.2||3.8||4.8|
|Julian Reese (F)||12.2||7.2||0.5|
|Deshawn Harris-Smith (G)||8.8||4.2||1.8|
UMBC Team Defense
UMBC’s defense is currently in line with the NCAA average for points allowed, allowing an average of 76.6 points per game. The UMBC defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 79 points and allowed Loyola Maryland to connect on 11 threes.
Maryland Team Defense
So far, the Terrapins’ defense is ranked 22nd in the country at 60.0 points per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 4.5 threes per game vs. UMBC. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 30.0%.
Retrievers vs Terrapins Trends
- Across their last three road contests, UMBC has a 2-1 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 1-2, while averaging 76 points per game.
- In their last three games at home, the Terrapins have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 0-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 51 points per game in these contests.
- The last ten games that UMBC was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 7-3 while going 4-6 straight up.
- Over the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Terrapins struggled vs the spread going just 2-3. However, they still had a straight up mark of 3-2.
In this Terrapins vs. Terrapins matchup, our point-spread bet is on the Terrapins at -19.5. While we project the Terrapins to win 73-69, our recommendation is to bet on the Retrievers for the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 140.5 and our model has the Retrievers and Terrapins finishing with a combined 142 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.