The Virginia Tech Hokies (5-2) travel to face off against the Auburn Tigers (4-1) on Wednesday, November 29th. This game will be played at Neville Arena in Auburn and televised on ESPN2. Auburn is coming off a win in their previous game, while Virginia Tech is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Florida Atlantic. Tip-off is set for 9:15 ET.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs Auburn Tigers
The Virginia Tech Hokies Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Virginia Tech will be playing their 8th game of the season when they face Auburn. So far, they have a 5-2 record. In their last five games on the road, which includes games from last year, Virginia Tech has gone 1-4. As of now, Virginia Tech has a winning ATS record, sitting at 4-3. In their previous five games, they are 3-2 vs. the spread.
Virginia Tech comes in with an over/under record of 4-3-0 through seven games, with their games averaging a combined 144.7 points per game so far. The Hokies have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 67 points per game.
The Auburn Tigers Are Coming Off A Win
Auburn, who is preparing for their sixth game of the season, has a 4-1 overall record. In their last three home games, including last year, Auburn has a record of 2-1. As of now, Auburn has a 2-3 record against the spread heading into today’s game. Looking back at their previous ten games, including those from last season, Auburn has gone 3-7 vs. the spread.
Through five games, Auburn has an over/under record of 2-3-0 with their games averaging a combined 148.8 points per game so far. When assessing the Tigers’ performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 2-1, with their games averaging 81 points per game.
Virginia Tech Offense Breakdown
The Virginia Tech offense is coming off a game in which they scored 50 points vs. Florida Atlantic. Overall their field goal percentage was 33.3% while connecting on 2 threes. The team’s scoring leader is Lynn Kidd, who holds an average of 15.9 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Sean Pedulla is averaging 15.9 points per game this season.
|Lynn Kidd (C)
|Sean Pedulla (G)
|Hunter Cattoor (G)
Auburn Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Auburn offense ended with 84 points against Alabama A&M. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 47.3% and made 6 threes. Johni Broome is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 15.4 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Aden Holloway brings a PPG average of 13.2 into the game.
|Johni Broome (F)
|Aden Holloway (G)
|Jaylin Williams (F)
Virginia Tech Team Defense
The Hokies’ defense is presently ranked 84th nationally, allowing an average of 67.9 points per contest. So far, the Virginia Tech defense is giving up an average of 7.1 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 9.9 times per game (260th).
Auburn Team Defense
At this time, the Tigers’ defense is positioned 71st in the country, permitting 66.4 points per game. The Auburn defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 54 points and allowed Alabama A&M to connect on 6 threes.
Hokies vs Tigers Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Virginia Tech has an ATS record of 0-3 while averaging 75 per game. The team went 0-3 overall in these games.
- Auburn has played well in their previous five home games, going 3-2 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 77 points per game while allowing 72. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- In their last five games as the betting underdog, the Hokies have a straight up record of 1-4 and an ATS mark of 1-4.
- In their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Tigers have a straight up record of 8-2 and an ATS mark of 5-5.
As the underdogs with a spread of +9.5, we recommend going with the Hokies on the point spread. We not only see them covering the spread but also have a strong likelihood of winning this one outright, especially if you’re seeking a higher payout on the moneyline.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 150.5, and our model predicts the Hokies and Tigers to score a combined 143 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.