The Western Illinois Leathernecks (0-2) travel to face off against the Valparaiso Beacons (1-2) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Athletics-Recreation Center in Valparaiso and televised on ESPN+. Both Western Illinois and Valparaiso will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 ET.
Western Illinois Leathernecks vs Valparaiso Beacons
The Western Illinois Leathernecks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today, Western Illinois, who are 0-2, will be playing against Valparaiso. In their previous three games where they were the underdog, Western Illinois has a record of 0-3. Entering today’s game, Western Illinois has a 0-2 ATS record. Over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, Western Illinois is 4-5 vs. the spread.
Through two games, Western Illinois has an over/under record of 1-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 144.5 points per game so far. The Leathernecks’ last five games have finished with a combined 72 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
The Valparaiso Beacons Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Beacons, who are 1-2 on the season, are looking to bounce back after their 87-64 loss to Illinois. In their last three home games, including one from last year, Valparaiso has yet to win, going 0-3. Valparaiso has a current ATS record of 1-2 heading into today’s game. In home games this season, they are 1-1 vs. the spread. Over their last ten home games, Valparaiso has a 5-5 ATS record.
Looking at their over/under performance through three games, Valparaiso has an over/under record of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 132 points per game on average. The Beacons’ last five games have culminated with an average of 69 points per game and an over/under record of 1-3.
Western Illinois Offense Breakdown
The Western Illinois offense is coming off a game where they scored 53 points against SMU. They posted a field goal percentage of 30.9% and connected on 6 threes. One area that the Western Illinois offense has been good this season is getting to the line. Currently, they are 8th in free-throw attempts per contest. Overall, they have a field goal percentage of 41%.
|James Dent Jr. (G)||17.8||5.0||2.0|
|Ryan Myers (G)||13.2||2.8||2.0|
|Quinlan Bennett (G)||7.5||4.0||0.8|
Valparaiso Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Valparaiso offense put up 64 points against Illinois. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 30% and made 5 threes. Leading the team in scoring was Isaiah Stafford with 30 points. Cooper Schwieger also added 12 points for the Beacons.
|Isaiah Stafford (G)||20.0||3.2||1.8|
|Jaxon Edwards (G)||11.8||7.8||0.5|
|Cooper Schwieger (F)||10.2||5.8||0.5|
Western Illinois Team Defense
So far, the Leathernecks’ defense is ranked 150th in the country at 76.8 points per contest. So far, the Western Illinois defense is giving up an average of 9.8 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 16.5 times per game (537th).
Valparaiso Team Defense
At present, the Beacons’ defense is nationally ranked 78th, allowing 68.2 points per game. In their previous game vs. Illinois, the Fighting Illini finished with a field goal percentage of 44% and a total of 87 points vs. Valparaiso.
Leathernecks vs Beacons Trends
- Through their last five road contests, the Leathernecks offense has averaged 68 points per game while allowing an average of 78. Western Illinois posted an overall record of 1-4 while going 2-3 ATS.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Beacons offense has averaged 67 points per game while allowing an average of 76. Valparaiso posted an overall record of 2-8 while going 5-5 ATS.
- Spanning across their last three games as the betting underdog, the Leathernecks have gone 0-3 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 0-3.
- Through their last five games as the favorite, the Beacons have an ATS record of 3-2 and a straight up mark of 3-2.
We’re putting our money on the Beacons to win, and have the projected score sitting at 78-66. We also like them to cover the spread, so our recommendation is to bet on the Beacons at -2.5.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 139.5, and our model projects the Leathernecks and Beacons to reach a combined total of 144 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.