The Western Michigan Broncos (2-5) travel to face off against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-4) on Tuesday, December 5th. This game will be played at Purcell Pavilion in South Bend and televised on ACC. Both Western Michigan and Notre Dame will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 ET.
Western Michigan Broncos vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Western Michigan Broncos Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
When they take on Notre Dame, the Western Michigan Broncos arrive with a record of 2-5. So far this season, all of the Broncos’ games have been played on the road. Prior to today’s game, Western Michigan holds a 4-3 ATS record. Their ATS record in the last five games is 4-1.
Through seven games, Western Michigan has an over/under record of 2-5-0 with their games averaging a combined 134.9 points per game so far. The Broncos have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 129 points per game.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
This will be Notre Dame’s eighth game of the season, as they come in with a 3-4 record. In their last ten games at home, which includes some from last year, Notre Dame is 4-6. Looking into Notre Dame’s ATS performance, they currently hold a 3-4 record. In their last five games, they are 3-2 vs. the spread.
Through seven games, Notre Dame has an over/under record of 1-6-0 with their games averaging a combined 128 points per game so far. Looking at the Fighting Irish’s last three games, their over/under record is 0-3 with their games averaging 119 points per game.
Western Michigan Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Western Michigan offense ended with 51 points against St. Thomas (MN). They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 39.1% and made 2 threes. In terms of offense, the Broncos have a season-long field goal percentage of 43%, putting them 276th in the NCAA. Regarding three-pointers, they are ranked 112nd in percentage and 135th in three-pointers made.
|Seth Hubbard (G)
|Owen Lobsinger (F)
|Jefferson Monegro (G)
Notre Dame Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Notre Dame offense ended with 49 points against Miami (FL). They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 28.6% and made 6 threes. Leading the team in scoring is Markus Burton, who is averaging 14.9 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, J.R Konieczny also maintains a PPG average of 9.3 heading into game.
|Markus Burton (G)
|J.R Konieczny (G)
|Tae Davis (F)
Western Michigan Team Defense
The Broncos’ defense is presently ranked 124th nationally, allowing an average of 70.3 points per contest. The Western Michigan defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 66 points and allowed St. Thomas (MN) to connect on 2 threes.
Notre Dame Team Defense
So far, the Fighting Irish’s defense is ranked 64th in the country at 66.1 points per contest. So far, the Notre Dame defense is giving up an average of 8.1 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 10.7 times per game (330th).
Broncos vs Fighting Irish Trends
- Across their five previous road games, Western Michigan has an ATS mark of 2-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 0-5 while averaging 58 points per game.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Notre Dame has an ATS record of 3-2 while averaging 59 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the underdog, Western Michigan has an ATS mark of 5-5 while going 3-7 straight up.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Fighting Irish have a straight up record of 5-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 3-7.
For a point-spread wager in this Fighting Irish vs. Fighting Irish game, we suggest taking the Fighting Irish at -10.5. Even though our predictions have the Fighting Irish winning 76-67, we see the Broncos as the better choice on the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 128 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.