The Alabama State Hornets (0-2) travel to face off against the Memphis Tigers (2-0) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at FedExForum in Memphis and televised on ESPN+. Memphis is coming off a win in their previous game, while Alabama State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Iowa. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
The Alabama State Hornets Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As they prepare for their third game of the season, Alabama State enters with a 0-2 overall record. Looking back at their previous ten road games, Alabama State went 2-8, with those games taking place last year. Alabama State’s record vs. the spread heading into today’s game is 0-2. However, in their previous three games, they have a 2-0 ATS record and an average scoring margin of -2.
Alabama State comes in with an over/under record of 1-1-0 through two games, with their games averaging a combined 146.5 points per game so far. The Hornets’ last five games have finished with a combined 68 points per game and an over/under record of 1-3.
The Memphis Tigers Are Coming Off A Win
The Alabama State Hornets, who come in with a 2-0 overall record, will be facing off against Memphis. Memphis has gone 8-2 in their previous ten home games, including last year. Against the spread, Memphis has a record of 1-1 thus far in the season. When factoring in the outcomes from last year, Memphis is 3-6-1 ATS in their previous ten games.
Through two games, Memphis has an over/under record of 1-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 148 points per game so far. The Tigers have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 79 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Alabama State Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Alabama State offense ended with 67 points against Iowa. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 35.4% and made 6 threes. Antonio TJ Madlock is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 17 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, CJ Hines brings a PPG average of 12.7 into the game.
|Antonio TJ Madlock (G)||17.0||6.0||3.3|
|CJ Hines (G)||12.7||2.3||3.3|
|Amarr Knox (G)||9.7||4.3||1.3|
Memphis Offense Breakdown
The Memphis offense is coming off a game in which they scored 70 points vs. Missouri. Overall their field goal percentage was 43.5% while connecting on 7 threes. Jahvon Quinerly led the team in scoring, putting up 18 points. Additionally, Jaykwon Walton contributed 13 points for the Tigers.
|Jaykwon Walton (G)||16.0||4.0||1.5|
|Jahvon Quinerly (G)||13.0||4.5||4.5|
|David Jones (F)||12.5||6.0||2.0|
Alabama State Team Defense
The Hornets’ defense is presently ranked 82nd nationally, allowing an average of 72.7 points per contest. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Alabama State’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 37.1% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 27.9% this season.
Memphis Team Defense
Currently, the Tigers’ defense holds the 50th rank in the nation, allowing 66.0 points per game. So far, the Memphis defense is giving up an average of 4.5 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 13.5 times per game (431st).
Hornets vs Tigers Trends
- Through their last ten road games, Alabama State has an ATS record of just 4-6. However, their overall record was 2-8 while averaging 63 points per game.
- In their last ten games at home, the Tigers have a straight up record of 8-2 while going 7-2-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 79 points per game in these contests.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Hornets have a straight up record of 2-8. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-6.
- Through their previous three contests as the betting favorite, the Tigers have a strong record of 2-1. Their record vs the spread in these matchups is 1-2.
For a point-spread bet in this Tigers vs. Tigers matchup, we’re leaning towards the Tigers at -30.5. Although our projections show the Tigers winning 78-65, we suggest placing your bet on the Hornets for the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 151.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.