The Bellarmine Knights (0-3) travel to face off against the Bowling Green Falcons (2-1) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Stroh Center in Bowling Green and televised on ESPN+. Both Bellarmine and Bowling Green will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 ET.
Bellarmine Knights vs Bowling Green Falcons
The Bellarmine Knights Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Bellarmine is coming into their 4th game of the season with a 0-3 record. Up to this point in the season, Bellarmine has played all of their games on the road. Against the spread up to this point, Bellarmine has a 0-3 record. Taking into account their previous ten games, which includes games from last season, Bellarmine has gone 4-6 vs. the spread.
So far, Bellarmine’s games have averaged 147.3 points per game with the average over/under line being 141.5 points. The Knights’ last five games have finished with a combined 65 points per game and an over/under record of 4-1.
The Bowling Green Falcons Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Bowling Green currently holds a 2-1 overall record. In their three games, they have gone 2-0 at home and 0-1 on the road. As Bowling Green gets ready to face Bellarmine, they hold a 2-1 against the spread (ATS) record. Looking back at their last ten games, which includes games from the previous season, Bowling Green has gone 7-3 ATS.
Through three games, Bowling Green has an over/under record of 0-3-0 with their games averaging a combined 136.7 points per game so far. In the Falcons’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 78 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 1-4.
Bellarmine Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Bellarmine offense put up 64 points against Chattanooga. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 41.7% and made 8 threes. Leading Bellarmine in scoring vs. Chattanooga was Peter Suder with his 21 points. Ben Johnson also added 19 points for the Knights.
|Ben Johnson (G)||12.3||1.3||1.7|
|Bash Wieland (G)||11.7||3.7||1.7|
|Peter Suder (G)||11.3||2.7||2.7|
Bowling Green Offense Breakdown
In their most recent game, the Bowling Green offense concluded with only 62 points against Oakland. Throughout the game, they made 5/20 three-point attempts and had a field goal percentage of 43.1%. The team’s top scorer is Marcus Hill, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 16.7, while DaJion Humphrey also maintains a PPG average of 11 leading up to the game.
|Marcus Hill (G)||16.7||4.3||3.0|
|DaJion Humphrey (G)||11.0||2.7||1.7|
|Rashaun Agee (F)||10.3||6.7||1.0|
Bellarmine Team Defense
At present, the Knights’ defense is nationally ranked 124th, allowing 82.0 points per game. Bellarmine’s three-point defense is currently 48th in the country at 9.3 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 51.3% of their shots vs. Bellarmine.
Bowling Green Team Defense
So far, the Falcons’ defense is ranked 49th in the country at 65.7 points per contest. Bowling Green’s defense is coming off a game in which they allowed the Oakland offense to knock down 49% of their shots on their way to putting up 81 points.
Knights vs Falcons Trends
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, Bellarmine has an ATS record of 4-6 while averaging 65 per game. The team went 3-7 overall in these games.
- Through their last five home games, Bowling Green has an ATS record of just 0-5. However, their overall record was 0-5 while averaging 64 points per game.
- Going back to their last three games as the underdog, the Knights have a straight up record of 0-3. But, their mark vs the spread was just 1-2.
- Bowling Green has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in their last three games.
Not only do we have the Falcons winning this one by a score of 88-59, but we see them covering the spread. Our pick is to grab the Falcons at -3.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 143.5 and given that our model is projecting 147 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.