The Butler Bulldogs (3-0) travel to face off against the Michigan State Spartans (1-2) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Breslin Center in East Lansing and televised on FS1. Butler is coming off a win in their previous game, while Michigan State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Duke. Tip-off is set for 6:30 ET.
The Butler Bulldogs Are Coming Off A Win
Today, Butler takes on Michigan State in their fourth game of the season. So far, the Bulldogs are undefeated with a 3-0 record. In each of their three previous games this season, Butler has been the favored team. Butler’s track record vs. the spread shows a 3-0 record entering today’s game. Last season, on the road, Butler struggled vs. the spread going 4-11. Now, as they prepare for their first road game of the season.
After three games, Butler has an over/under record of 1-2-0, with their games averaging a combined 141.3 points per game so far. When analyzing the Bulldogs’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 79 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
The Michigan State Spartans Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today’s game against Butler will be the fourth road game in a row for Michigan State, who currently have a 1-2 record. As of now, Michigan State has a 0-3 record against the spread going into today’s game. Taking into account their previous ten games, including those from last season, Michigan State has gone 4-6 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Michigan State have had an average of 139.7 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 145.2 points. Their over/under record is 1-2-0. The Spartans’ last five games have culminated with an average of 69 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
Butler Offense Breakdown
The Butler offense is coming off a game in which they scored 81 points vs. East Tennessee State. Overall their field goal percentage was 44.9% while connecting on 11 threes. Leading the team in scoring is DJ Davis, who is averaging 13.7 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, Posh Alexander also maintains a PPG average of 13.7 heading into game.
|DJ Davis (G)||13.7||2.7||2.7|
|Posh Alexander (G)||13.7||2.7||4.7|
|Pierre Brooks (G)||13.3||4.0||2.3|
Michigan State Offense Breakdown
The Michigan State offense is coming off a game where they scored 65 points against Duke. They posted a field goal percentage of 41.3% and connected on 6 threes. Coming into the game, the Spartans offense has strugled with their outside shot this season, hitting threes at a rate of just 16%. On average, they get up 16.7 three-point attempts per game and are averaging 17.7 made free-throws.
|Tyson Walker (G)||23.7||2.7||1.7|
|Malik Hall (F)||11.3||4.3||1.3|
|Jaden Akins (G)||9.3||8.7||1.0|
Butler Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Butler defense is giving up an average of 52.7 points per contest. In their most recent game, the Butler defense struggled to defend the three-point line, as East Tennessee State knocked down 11 three-pointers on their way to 47 points.
Michigan State Team Defense
So far, the Spartans’ defense is ranked 59th in the country at 68.0 points per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 7.3 threes per game vs. Butler. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 28.2%.
Bulldogs vs Spartans Trends
- Through their last ten road contests, the Bulldogs offense has averaged 59 points per game while allowing an average of 70. Butler posted an overall record of 2-8 while going 4-6 ATS.
- Although Michigan State has a straight up record of 3-7 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 3-7. The team averaged 73 points per game in these games.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 0-3 and an ATS mark of 1-2.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Spartans have a straight up record of 2-3 and an ATS mark of 1-4.
In this Spartans vs. Spartans matchup, our point-spread bet is on the Spartans at -8.5. While we project the Spartans to win 73-69, our recommendation is to bet on the Bulldogs for the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 139.5 and given that our model is projecting 142 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.