The Coppin State Eagles (0-4) travel to face off against the Miami (OH) RedHawks (0-2) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Millett Hall in Oxford and televised on ESPN+. Both Coppin State and Miami (OH) will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 ET.
Coppin State Eagles vs Miami (OH) RedHawks
The Coppin State Eagles Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Coppin State comes into their 5th game of the year with an overall record of 0-4. So far, the Eagles have been the favored team in each of their games. So far this season, Coppin State has a 0-4 record vs. the spread. When playing on the road, they are 0-3 vs. the spread and in their last ten road games, they have a 4-6 ATS record.
Coppin State comes in with an over/under record of 1-3-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 127.5 points per game so far. When analyzing the Eagles’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 52 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
The Miami (OH) RedHawks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Miami (OH) will be playing their third game of the season against Coppin State. They currently have a record of 0-2. In their previous three home games, including those from last year, Miami (OH) is 0-3. At the moment, Miami (OH) holds a 0-2 ATS record as they prepare to face Coppin State. Looking back at their previous three games, the RedHawks have gone 2-1 vs. the spread with an average scoring differential of +3.
Looking at their over/under performance through two games, Miami (OH) has an over/under record of 1-1-0, with their games averaging 138 points per game on average. When assessing the RedHawks’ performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 2-1, with their games averaging 74 points per game.
Coppin State Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the Coppin State offense tallied 41 points in a matchup against Louisville. Their field goal percentage for the game was 28.1%, and they made 3 threes. Justin Winston is leading the team in scoring at 11.8 points per contest. Greg Spurlock has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 6.5 going into the game.
|Justin Winston (F)||11.8||3.2||0.2|
|Greg Spurlock (G)||6.5||2.8||0.5|
|Malik Battle (G)||6.0||1.8||0.5|
Miami (OH) Offense Breakdown
Most recently, the Miami (OH) offense finished with just 65 points vs. Texas State. For the game, they hit 5/18 three-point attempts and a field goal percentage of 41.7%. Darweshi Hunter led the scoring for the RedHawks, contributing 21 points. Additionally, Jaquel Morris chipped in with 12 points.
|Darweshi Hunter (G)||21||5.0||1.5|
|Jaquel Morris (C)||10||6.0||1.0|
|Mekhi Cooper (G)||8||3.5||1.5|
Coppin State Team Defense
Currently, the Eagles’ defense holds the 100th rank in the nation, allowing 76.2 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 8.2 threes per game vs. Miami (OH). This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 35.3%.
Miami (OH) Team Defense
Miami (OH)’s defense is currently in line with the NCAA average for points allowed, allowing an average of 73.5 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Miami (OH)’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 45.6% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 36.6% this season.
Eagles vs RedHawks Trends
- Through their last five road contests, the Eagles offense has averaged 57 points per game while allowing an average of 74. Coppin State posted an overall record of 1-4 while going 2-3 ATS.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Miami (OH) has an ATS record of 3-2 while averaging 69 per game. The team went 2-3 overall in these games.
- As the betting underdog, the Eagles have an ATS mark of just 1-4 in their last five games. Coppin State posted a straight up mark of 0-5 in these matchups.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the RedHawks have a straight up record of 5-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
For a point-spread bet in this RedHawks vs. RedHawks matchup, we’re leaning towards the RedHawks at -13. Although our projections show the RedHawks winning 75-69, we suggest placing your bet on the Eagles for the point-spread.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 140.5, and our model predicts the Eagles and RedHawks to score a combined 144 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.