The Elon Phoenix (3-2) travel to face off against the Winthrop Eagles (2-2) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Rock Hill Sports & Event Center in Rock Hill and televised on ESPN+. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 2:30 ET.
The Elon Phoenix Are Coming Off A Win
Elon has played a total of six games this season, entering with a 3-2 record. In their last five road games, which includes last year, Elon has a 2-3 record. Heading into their game against Winthrop, Elon currently holds a 3-2 ATS record. When playing away from home, Elon has gone 2-2 vs. the spread this year and 5-4-1 in their last ten road games.
Elon’s games have, on average, featured 159.4 points per game leading to an over/under record of 4-0-1. Their average over/under line is currently 145.4 points so far. Looking at the Phoenix’s last three games, their over/under record is 2-0-1 with their games averaging 79 points per game.
The Winthrop Eagles Are Coming Off A Win
After four games, Winthrop’s overall record stands at 2-2. In road games, Winthrop is 0-1, while at home they are 2-1. As of now, Winthrop has a 2-2 record against the spread heading into today’s game. In home games this season, Winthrop is 2-1 ATS, and in their last ten home games, they are 5-5 ATS.
Winthrop comes in with an over/under record of 1-3-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 138.8 points per game so far. The Eagles have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 83 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
Elon Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Elon offense ended with 83 points against Holy Cross. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 55.9% and made 11 threes. Max Mackinnon is leading the team in scoring at 14.4 points per contest. TK Simpkins has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 12.4 going into the game.
|Max Mackinnon (G)||14.4||4.8||2.4|
|TK Simpkins (G)||12.4||4.0||1.6|
|Nick Dorn (G)||10.4||2.0||0.4|
Winthrop Offense Breakdown
The Eagles’ offense finished with 74 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 77.8 points per contest. In terms of offense, the Eagles have a season-long field goal percentage of 49%, putting them 91st in the NCAA. Regarding three-pointers, they are ranked 133rd in percentage and 204th in three-pointers made.
|K.J. Doucet (F)||13.8||4.4||1.4|
|Kelton Talford (F)||13.2||3.4||0.4|
|Nick Johnson (G)||10.8||3.6||0.4|
Elon Team Defense
The Phoenix’s defense is presently ranked 161st nationally, allowing an average of 80.6 points per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 7.6 threes per game vs. Winthrop. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 34.3%.
Winthrop Team Defense
At this time, the Eagles’ defense is positioned 33rd in the country, permitting 61.6 points per game. Against IUPUI in their most recent game, the Winthrop defense gave up a total of 61 points while allowing IUPUI to hit 48% of their shots.
Phoenix vs Eagles Trends
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, Elon has an ATS record of 5-4-1 while averaging 70 per game. The team went 5-5 overall in these games.
- Across the Eagles last ten home games, the team averaged 72 points per game while allowing 74. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 5-5, while going 4-6 straight-up.
- Spanning across their last three games as the betting underdog, the Phoenix have gone 1-2 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 1-2.
- Although the Eagles have a strong straight up record in their last five games as the betting favorite, they have not done as well vs the spread going 2-3.
When looking to get a point-spread pick down in this Eagles vs. Eagles game, our recommendation is to take the Eagles at -12.5. Despite our model showing the Eagles winning 75-68, we like Phoenix as our point-spread pick.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 154.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.