The Hampton Pirates (0-2) travel to face off against the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-1) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Sports and Fitness Center in Saint Thomas and televised on ESPN+. Kent State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Hampton is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Norfolk State. Tip-off is set for 5:45 ET.
The Hampton Pirates Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Hampton heads into their game against Kent State with a 0-2 record for the season. Looking at the previous three games where Hampton was the underdog, their record is 0-3. Heading into today’s game, Hampton has a 0-2 record against the spread. Over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, Hampton has gone 6-3 vs. the spread.
Hampton comes in with an over/under record of 1-1-0 through two games, with their games averaging a combined 157.5 points per game so far. Over the course of the last five games, the Pirates’ games have averaged 78 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-2.
The Kent State Golden Flashes Are Coming Off A Win
Kent State comes into their third game of the season with a 1-1 record. In their previous three games where they were favored, they held a 2-1 record. As of today’s game, Kent State has a current against the spread (ATS) record of 1-1 for this season. Looking back over their previous ten games, including those from the previous season, Kent State has gone 5-3-1 vs. the spread.
Through two games, Kent State has an over/under record of 2-0-0 with their games averaging a combined 184.5 points per game so far. The Golden Flashes’ last five games have culminated with an average of 84 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
Hampton Offense Breakdown
The Hampton offense is coming off a game where they scored 68 points against Norfolk State. They posted a field goal percentage of 38.6% and connected on 6 threes. Kyrese Mullen is currently the leading scorer for the team, entering today’s matchup with an average of 18.7. Meanwhile, Tedrick Wilcox Jr. also brings a PPG average of 17 into the game.
|Kyrese Mullen (F)||18.7||9.7||2|
|Tedrick Wilcox Jr. (G)||17.0||5.7||2|
|Daniel Bannister (G)||9.7||1.7||1|
Kent State Offense Breakdown
Kent State’s offense is coming off a good game, putting up 79 points vs. Fresno State. Overall, they hit 48.3% of their shots from the field and went 12/16 from the free-throw line. Jalen Sullinger led the team in scoring, putting up 17 points. Additionally, Chris Payton contributed 13 points for the Golden Flashes.
|Jalen Sullinger (G)||19.0||1.3||2.3|
|Chris Payton (F)||15.0||10.0||2.7|
|Reggie Bass (G)||14.7||2.3||1.7|
Hampton Team Defense
So far, the Pirates’ defense is ranked 75th in the country at 71.0 points per contest. The Hampton defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 75 points and allowed Norfolk State to connect on 6 threes.
Kent State Team Defense
So far, the Golden Flashes’ defense is ranked 115th in the country at 80.0 points per contest. Kent State’s three-point defense is currently 45th in the country at 8.7 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 45.9% of their shots vs. Kent State.
Pirates vs Golden Flashes Trends
- In their last three road games, Hampton has averaged 73 points per game while allowing 80. The team’s record in this stretch was 0-3 while going 2-1.
- Across their three previous home games, Kent State has an ATS mark of 1-2. Their straight up record in these matchups was 2-1 while averaging 77 points per game.
- Through their last five games as the betting underdog, the Pirates have a strong record vs the spread going 3-2. Their straight up mark in these contests is 1-4.
- Kent State has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 2-1 SU and 2-1 ATS in their last three games.
For a point-spread bet in this Golden Flashes vs. Golden Flashes matchup, we’re leaning towards the Golden Flashes at -16.5. Although our projections show the Golden Flashes winning 75-69, we suggest placing your bet on the Pirates for the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 155.5 and our model has the Pirates and Golden Flashes finishing with a combined 144 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.