The Harvard Crimson (2-0) travel to face off against the Boston College Eagles (3-0) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Silvio Conte Forum in Chestnut Hill and televised on ACC. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 5:00 ET.
The Harvard Crimson Are Coming Off A Win
Harvard, who are currently 2-0, will be playing their third game of the season. In their last three road games, including last year, Harvard has gone 2-1. As of today’s game, Harvard holds a 2-0 record against the spread. Taking into account last season and the previous nine games, Harvard is 5-4 ATS.
So far, Harvard’s games have averaged 150.5 points per game with the average over/under line being 140.2 points. When assessing the Crimson’s performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 3-0, with their games averaging 82 points per game.
The Boston College Eagles Are Coming Off A Win
As they prepare for their fourth game of the season, Boston College has a perfect 3-0 record. In their previous three home games, including last year, Boston College has a 2-1 record. Entering today’s game, Boston College holds a 2-1 ATS record. Taking into account their last ten games, including those from the previous season, Boston College has gone 6-4 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Boston College have had an average of 144.7 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 136.8 points. Their over/under record is 2-1-0. The Eagles’ last five games have culminated with an average of 73 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Harvard Offense Breakdown
The Crimson’s offense finished with 80 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 81.2 points per contest. For the season, the Harvard offense has struggled to get to the free-throw line, ranking just 312nd in terms of free-throw attempts per game. Their overall field goal percentage is currently 49%.
|Malik Mack (G)||21.8||4.0||4.8|
|Chandler Pigge (G)||13.0||6.5||2.5|
|Louis Lesmond (G)||10.5||4.2||1.2|
Boston College Offense Breakdown
The Boston College offense is coming off a game in which they scored 68 points vs. Richmond. Overall their field goal percentage was 37.3% while connecting on 7 threes. Quinten Post is leading the team in scoring at 19.3 points per contest. Jaeden Zackery has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 12.3 going into the game.
|Quinten Post (F)||19.3||7.7||3|
|Jaeden Zackery (G)||12.3||3.0||4|
|Claudell Harris Jr. (G)||10.3||2.3||1|
Harvard Team Defense
So far, the Crimson’s defense is ranked 43rd in the country at 64.2 points per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 5.2 threes per game vs. Boston College. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 21.7%.
Boston College Team Defense
At this time, the Eagles’ defense is positioned 66th in the country, permitting 67.3 points per game. Boston College will look once again to perform well on defense, holding Richmond to just 37% shooting in their most recent game.
Crimson vs Eagles Trends
- Harvard has played well in their previous 5 road games, going 4-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 81 points per game while allowing 71. The team also performed well vs the spread at 4-1.
- In their last three home games, the Eagles have a straight up record of 2-1 while going 1-2 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 69 points per game in these contests.
- Through their last five games as the underdog, the Crimson have an ATS record of 3-2 and a straight up mark of 3-2.
- Through their last five games as the favorite, the Eagles have an ATS record of 3-2 and a straight up mark of 4-1.
For today’s matchup we are recommending to take the Eagles to secure the win, with an expected final score of 77-66. When it comes to the spread, we believe they’ll cover at -5.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 138.5 and our model has the Crimson and Eagles finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.