The Harvard Crimson (2-0) travel to face off against the Massachusetts Minutemen (2-0) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at William D. Mullins Memorial Center in Amherst and televised on ESPN+. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
The Harvard Crimson Are Coming Off A Win
As Harvard prepares for their third game of the season, they come in with a perfect 2-0 record. Their first two games of the season were split between a road game and a home game. Against the spread, Harvard has a perfect 2-0 record to start the season. Looking back at their last three games, the team has covered the spread in both, also going 2-0. Additionally, they have an average scoring differential of +12.
Looking at their over/under performance through two games, Harvard has an over/under record of 2-0-0, with their games averaging 150.5 points per game on average. Over the course of the last five games, the Crimson’s games have averaged 77 points per game, along with an over/under record of 3-1.
The Massachusetts Minutemen Are Coming Off A Win
Massachusetts comes into their third game of the season with a perfect 2-0 record. The team has played all of their games at home so far. Massachusetts comes into today’s game with a 2-0 record against the spread. In the last three games, the team has a perfect 3-0 ATS record and a +7 scoring margin on average.
After two games, Massachusetts has an over/under record of 2-0-0, with their games averaging a combined 173 points per game so far. The Minutemen’s last five games have finished with a combined 76 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Harvard Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Harvard offense put up 80 points against Northeastern. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 48.4% and made 10 threes. The top scorer for the Crimson was Malik Mack with 22 points, while Chisom Okpara also added 14 to the scoreboard.
|Malik Mack (G)||18.3||4.7||4.3|
|Chandler Pigge (G)||12.3||5.0||2.3|
|Chisom Okpara (F)||15.5||5.5||0.0|
Massachusetts Offense Breakdown
The Massachusetts offense is coming off a game where they scored 102 points against Quinnipiac. They posted a field goal percentage of 55.7% and connected on 11 threes. The top scorer for the Minutemen was Rahsool Diggins with 22 points, while Matt Cross also added 19 to the scoreboard.
|Rahsool Diggins (G)||18.0||2.5||1.5|
|Josh Cohen (F)||16.5||7.5||3.5|
|Matt Cross (F)||13.5||5.0||2.0|
Harvard Team Defense
The Crimson’s defense is presently ranked 29th nationally, allowing an average of 60.7 points per contest. Against Northeastern, the Crimson’s defense gave up 56 points and did a good job not fouling. For the game, Northeastern only made 8 free-throws.
Massachusetts Team Defense
At present, the Minutemen’s defense is nationally ranked 98th, allowing 76.0 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 7.5 threes per game vs. Harvard. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 32.3%.
Crimson vs Minutemen Trends
- Through their last ten road contests, the Crimson offense has averaged 71 points per game while allowing an average of 70. Harvard posted an overall record of 5-5 while going 7-3 ATS.
- In their last ten games at home, the Minutemen have a straight up record of 1-9 while going 2-8 vs. the spread. The team averaged 64 points per game in this stretch.
- The Crimson have played well in their last five games as the betting underdog, going 3-2 straight up and 3-2 against the spread.
- Massachusetts has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in their last three games.
The Minutemen is our pick to not only win with a projected score of 76-66. But we also favor them to cover the spread. Our bet is on the Minutemen at -4.5.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 152 and our model has the Crimson and Minutemen finishing with a combined 142 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.