The IUPUI Jaguars (1-2) travel to face off against the Winthrop Eagles (1-2) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Winthrop Coliseum in Rock Hill and televised on ESPN+. Winthrop is coming off a win in their previous game, while IUPUI is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Elon. Tip-off is set for 5:00 ET.
The IUPUI Jaguars Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
This will be the 4th game of the season for IUPUI, who currently have a 1-2 record. In their last five road games, including last season, IUPUI have gone 1-4. Prior to today’s game, IUPUI has a 1-2 ATS record. Over their previous ten games, including the previous season, IUPUI holds a solid 6-3 ATS record.
Up to this point, games involving IUPUI have had an average of 144.3 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 147.3 points. Their over/under record is 2-1-0. The Jaguars have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 65 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
The Winthrop Eagles Are Coming Off A Win
Today, Winthrop will face IUPUI in their fourth game of the season. So far, they are 1-2. In their previous three games where they were the favorite, Winthrop has a 2-1 record. As Winthrop enters today’s game, their ATS record stands at 1-2. At home this season, Winthrop is 1-1 ATS, and in their previous ten home games, they have a 5-5 ATS record.
In three games, Winthrop comes in with an over/under mark of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 140 points per game. The Eagles’ last five games have finished with a combined 87 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
IUPUI Offense Breakdown
IUPUI recently showcased a strong offensive performance, scoring 72 points against Elon. This output exceeded their season average of 66.2 points per game. The team’s top scorer is Jlynn Counter, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 16.8, while Bryce Monroe also carries a PPG average of 8 into the game.
|Jlynn Counter (G)||16.8||3.5||2.2|
|Bryce Monroe (G)||8.0||2.5||1.8|
|DJ Jackson (G)||7.8||3.5||1.2|
Winthrop Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Winthrop offense put up 89 points against Holy Cross. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 53.7% and made 14 threes. Noah Van Bibber led the scoring for the Eagles, contributing 22 points. Additionally, K.J. Doucet chipped in with 15 points.
|K.J. Doucet (F)||13.2||4.0||1.8|
|Kelton Talford (F)||12.2||3.2||0.2|
|Kasen Harrison (G)||11.5||3.0||2.5|
IUPUI Team Defense
Currently, the Jaguars’ defense holds the 112nd rank in the nation, allowing 75.2 points per game. The IUPUI defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 86 points and allowed Elon to connect on 4 threes.
Winthrop Team Defense
Winthrop’s defense has been playing well, ranking 33rd nationally, with 61.8 points allowed per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Winthrop’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 37.9% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 27.9% this season.
Jaguars vs Eagles Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Jaguars have a straight up record of 1-9 while going 7-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 67 points per game in this stretch.
- Across the Eagles last five home games, the team averaged 73 points per game while allowing 77. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 2-3, while going 2-3 straight-up.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Jaguars have gone 6-4 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 2-8.
- The last ten games that Winthrop was favored, they have an ATS mark of 5-5 while going 7-3 straight up.
We’re putting our money on the Eagles to win, and have the projected score sitting at 78-65. We also like them to cover the spread, so our recommendation is to bet on the Eagles at -11.5.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 146.5 and our model has the Jaguars and Eagles finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.