The Kansas State Wildcats (2-1) travel to face off against the Providence Friars (3-0) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Baha Mar Convention Center in Nassau and televised on CBSS. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 6:00 ET.
The Kansas State Wildcats Are Coming Off A Win
Heading into their fourth game of the season, Kansas State holds a 2-1 record. In the previous three games where Kansas State was the underdog, they have a 2-1 record. As Kansas State prepares to face Providence, their ATS record stands at 1-2. Over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, Kansas State has gone 5-5 vs. the spread.
After three games, Kansas State has an over/under record of 3-0-0, with their games averaging a combined 156 points per game so far. The Wildcats have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 83 points per game and an over/under record of 5-0.
The Providence Friars Are Coming Off A Win
Providence enters today’s game with a perfect 3-0 record. In their previous three games where they were favored, Providence went 2-1. Providence enters today’s game with a 2-1 record vs. the spread. Taking into account their last ten games, including the previous season, Providence has gone 6-4 ATS.
So far, Providence’s games have averaged 138.7 points per game with the average over/under line being 146.3 points. The Friars have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 75 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Kansas State Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Kansas State offense ended with 91 points against South Dakota State. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 57.4% and made 14 threes. The team’s scoring leader is Tylor Perry, who holds an average of 20.7 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Cam Carter is averaging 19 points per game this season.
|Tylor Perry (G)||20.7||5.0||5.3|
|Cam Carter (G)||19.0||3.7||3.3|
|William McNair (F)||8.7||5.3||0.7|
Providence Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Providence offense ended with 72 points against Wisconsin. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 58.5% and made 8 threes. One area that the Providence offense has been good this season is getting to the line. Currently, they are 80th in free-throw attempts per contest. Overall, they have a field goal percentage of 47%.
|Devin Carter (G)||15.7||6.7||3.3|
|Bryce Hopkins (F)||13.3||7.3||1.0|
|Jayden Pierre (G)||12.7||1.0||3.7|
Kansas State Team Defense
Currently, the Wildcats’ defense holds the 94th rank in the nation, allowing 75.0 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 6.7 threes per game vs. Providence. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 33.5%.
Providence Team Defense
In the current season, the Providence defense has excelled, sitting 36th in the nation by allowing 62.3 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Providence’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 33.7% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 21.9% this season.
Wildcats vs Friars Trends
- In their last three games away from home, the Wildcats have a straight up record of 1-2 while going 1-2 vs. the spread. The team averaged 73 points per game in this stretch.
- Although Providence has a straight up record of 3-7 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 5-5. The team averaged 71 points per game in these games.
- In their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Wildcats have a straight up record of 4-6 and an ATS mark of 4-6.
- Through their previous three contests as the betting favorite, the Friars have a strong record of 2-1. Their record vs the spread in these matchups is 1-2.
We’re putting our money on the Friars to win, and have the projected score sitting at 76-67. We also like them to cover the spread, so our recommendation is to bet on the Friars at -1.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 146.5, and our model predicts the Wildcats and Friars to score a combined 143 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.