The Mercer Bears (1-1) travel to face off against the Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa and televised on SEC. Alabama is coming off a win in their previous game, while Mercer is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Morehead State. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
Mercer Bears vs Alabama Crimson Tide
The Mercer Bears Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
So far this season, Mercer has played two games and has a record of 1-1. All of their games have been away from home. Mercer enters today’s game with a 0-1 record against the spread (ATS). Taking into account their performance in the previous three games, which includes last season, Mercer has a 0-1-1 ATS record and an average scoring differential of 0.
So far, Mercer’s games have averaged 133.5 points per game with the average over/under line being 131.5 points. Over the course of the last five games, the Bears’ games have averaged 64 points per game, along with an over/under record of 1-3.
The Alabama Crimson Tide Are Coming Off A Win
Alabama is off to a 3-0 start this season, and so far they have been favored in all three games. As Alabama enters today’s game, their ATS record stands at 3-0. Over their last ten games, including those from the previous season, Alabama has gone 7-3 vs. the spread.
In three games, Alabama comes in with an over/under mark of 2-1-0, with their games averaging 169.3 points per game. Over the course of the last five games, the Crimson Tide’s games have averaged 89 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-3.
Mercer Offense Breakdown
In their previous game, the Bears’ offense finished with 66 points, which is right in line with their current average of 65.3 points per contest. The team’s top scorer is Jalyn McCreary, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 14, while Robby Carmody also maintains a PPG average of 12 leading up to the game.
|Jalyn McCreary (F)||14||5.3||0.3|
|Robby Carmody (G)||12||2.7||1.3|
|Jah Quinones (G)||7||2.3||1.3|
Alabama Offense Breakdown
Alabama’s offense had a good outing, putting up 102 points against South Alabama. They achieved a 61.8% field goal percentage and went 22/30 from the free-throw line. The top scorer for the Crimson Tide was Mark Sears with 17 points, while Sam Walters also chipped in with 16 points.
|Mark Sears (G)||18.0||4.7||4.0|
|Aaron Estrada (G)||17.0||5.0||2.7|
|Grant Nelson (F)||16.7||6.7||3.0|
Mercer Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Mercer defense is giving up an average of 68.7 points per contest. Mercer’s defense is coming off a game in which they allowed the Morehead State offense to knock down 52% of their shots on their way to putting up 74 points.
Alabama Team Defense
Alabama’s defense has been playing well, ranking 51st nationally, with 66.3 points allowed per game. Alabama’s three-point defense is currently 38th in the country at 7.3 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 39.2% of their shots vs. Alabama.
Bears vs Crimson Tide Trends
- In their last five games away from home, the Bears have a straight up record of 1-4 while going 1-3-1 vs. the spread. The team averaged 64 points per game in this stretch.
- Through their last three home contests, the Crimson Tide offense has averaged 66 points per game while allowing an average of 70. Alabama posted an overall record of 1-2 while going 0-3 ATS.
- In their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Bears have a straight up record of 1-9 and an ATS mark of 3-7.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Crimson Tide have a strong straight up record of 3-0. In addition, their ATS record was 3-0 in these scenarios.
When looking to get a point-spread pick down in this Crimson Tide vs. Crimson Tide game, our recommendation is to take the Crimson Tide at -29.5. Despite our model showing the Crimson Tide winning 75-69, we like Bears as our point-spread pick.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 150.5, and our model projects the Bears and Crimson Tide to reach a combined total of 144 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.