The Portland Pilots (2-1) travel to face off against the Nevada Wolf Pack (3-0) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Lawlor Events Center in Reno and televised on MWN. Nevada is coming off a win in their previous game, while Portland is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Tennessee State. Tip-off is set for 10:00 ET.
The Portland Pilots Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Pilots come into today’s game with a 2-1 record, having lost their last game against Tennessee State (75-65). Over their last ten road games, including those from last year, Portland has a 1-9 record. Prior to today’s game, Portland holds a 2-1 ATS record. As they prepare for their first away game of the season, Portland is coming off a road performance last year where they went 3-12 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Portland have had an average of 144 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 154 points. Their over/under record is 0-3-0. Over the course of the last five games, the Pilots’ games have averaged 75 points per game, along with an over/under record of 0-4.
The Nevada Wolf Pack Are Coming Off A Win
Nevada has a 3-0 record as they prepare to play their fourth game of the season. In their last three home games, including those from last year, Nevada went 1-2. In terms of ATS, Nevada is currently 3-0 this year. Taking into account results from last season, Nevada holds a 7-3 ATS record in their last ten games.
Looking at their over/under performance through three games, Nevada has an over/under record of 2-1-0, with their games averaging 142 points per game on average. The Wolf Pack’s last five games have finished with a combined 75 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Portland Offense Breakdown
In contrast to their season average of 77 points per game, the Portland had a below average performance. They scored 65 points against Tennessee State and had a field goal percentage of 39.2%. Tyler Harris is leading the team in scoring at 17.5 points per contest. Tyler Robertson has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 17.2 going into the game.
|Tyler Harris (G)||17.5||9.5||1.2|
|Tyler Robertson (G)||17.2||4.5||5.0|
|Vukasin Masic (G)||15.5||5.2||2.2|
Nevada Offense Breakdown
Nevada recently showcased a strong offensive performance, scoring 88 points against Pacific. This output exceeded their season average of 82.7 points per game. Kenan Blackshear is currently the leading scorer for the team, entering today’s matchup with an average of 19. Meanwhile, Jarod Lucas also brings a PPG average of 14.3 into the game.
|Kenan Blackshear (G)||19.0||5.3||4.3|
|Jarod Lucas (G)||14.3||3.3||1.7|
|Nick Davidson (F)||11.3||7.7||1.0|
Portland Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Portland defense is giving up an average of 71.2 points per contest. Portland’s three-point defense is currently 42nd in the country at 7.0 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 29.2% of their shots vs. Portland.
Nevada Team Defense
At present, the Wolf Pack’s defense is nationally ranked 22nd, allowing 59.3 points per game. In their previous game vs. Pacific, the Tigers finished with a field goal percentage of 50% and a total of 39 points vs. Nevada.
Pilots vs Wolf Pack Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Portland has an ATS record of 1-2 while averaging 79 per game. The team went 0-3 overall in these games.
- Although Nevada has a straight up record of 2-3 in their last five home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 2-3. The team averaged 70 points per game in these games.
- As the betting underdog, the Pilots have an ATS mark of just 2-3 in their last five games. Portland posted a straight up mark of 1-4 in these matchups.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Wolf Pack have a straight up record of 7-3. But, their mark vs the spread was just 6-4.
For a point-spread wager in this Wolf Pack vs. Wolf Pack game, we suggest taking the Wolf Pack at -13.5. Even though our predictions have the Wolf Pack winning 77-68, we see the Pilots as the better choice on the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 146.5, and our model projects the Pilots and Wolf Pack to reach a combined total of 145 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.