The Princeton Tigers (3-0) travel to face off against the Monmouth Hawks (1-1) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at OceanFirst Bank Center in West Long Branch and televised on FloH. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 2:00 ET.
The Princeton Tigers Are Coming Off A Win
Princeton comes into their fourth game of the year boasting an unblemished 3-0 record. In their previous three games where they were favored, Princeton has a 2-1 record. Princeton has a perfect 3-0 record against the spread heading into today’s game. Taking into account last season, Princeton has been strong vs. the spread, going 9-1 in their last ten games.
Through three games, Princeton has an over/under record of 0-3-0 with their games averaging a combined 135.7 points per game so far. Over the course of the last five games, the Tigers’ games have averaged 73 points per game, along with an over/under record of 1-4.
The Monmouth Hawks Are Coming Off A Win
So far this season, Monmouth has played two games and has a 1-1 record. Both of their games have been on the road. Heading into today’s game, Monmouth has a 1-1 ATS record. Over the last three games, which includes last year’s matchups, Monmouth has gone 1-2 against the spread with an average scoring margin of -3.
Monmouth comes in with an over/under record of 1-1-0 through two games, with their games averaging a combined 135.5 points per game so far. In the Hawks’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 69 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 4-1.
Princeton Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the Princeton offense tallied 70 points in a matchup against Duquesne. Their field goal percentage for the game was 54%, and they made 7 threes. The team’s top scorer is Matt Allocco, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 19, while Xaivian Lee also carries a PPG average of 16.7 into the game.
|Matt Allocco (G)||19.0||4.3||1.7|
|Xaivian Lee (G)||16.7||2.7||4.0|
|Caden Pierce (F)||13.3||12.7||3.0|
Monmouth Offense Breakdown
The Monmouth offense is coming off a game in which they scored 73 points vs. West Virginia. Overall their field goal percentage was 45.5% while connecting on 10 threes. On offense, Monmouth has been struggling with their efficiency, coming into today’s game with a field goal percentgage of 39%. So far, they are 312nd in free-throws made on a free throw shooting percentage of 70%.
|Xander Rice (G)||25.5||3.0||5.0|
|Jack Collins (G)||17.0||6.5||0.5|
|Jakari Spence (G)||6.5||4.0||4.0|
Princeton Team Defense
Princeton’s defense has been playing well, ranking 50th nationally, with 65.0 points allowed per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 6.3 threes per game vs. Monmouth. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 31.7%.
Monmouth Team Defense
The Hawks’ defense is presently ranked 71st nationally, allowing an average of 68.5 points per contest. Against West Virginia in their most recent game, the Monmouth defense gave up a total of 65 points while allowing West Virginia to hit 31% of their shots.
Tigers vs Hawks Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Tigers have a straight up record of 7-3 while going 7-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 69 points per game in these contests.
- In their last five games at home, the Hawks have a straight up record of 2-3 while going 2-2-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 68 points per game in these contests.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the underdog, Monmouth has an ATS mark of 4-5-1 while going 4-6 straight up.
- The Tigers have played well in their last five games as the betting favorite, going 3-2 straight up and 3-2 against the spread.
The Hawks come in as the underdog at +6.5, making them our top choice on the point spread. We not only expect them to cover the spread but also believe they have a strong chance of winning the game outright, especially if you’re aiming for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 139.5, and our model projects the Tigers and Hawks to reach a combined total of 142 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.