The Southeastern Louisiana Lions (0-2) travel to face off against the Santa Clara Broncos (3-0) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Leavey Center in Santa Clara and televised on ESPN+. Santa Clara is coming off a win in their previous game, while Southeastern Louisiana is looking to get back on track from a loss to the BYU. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs Santa Clara Broncos
The Southeastern Louisiana Lions Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today, Southeastern Louisiana will face Santa Clara in their third game of the season. So far, they are 0-2. In their last three road games, including last year, Southeastern Louisiana has a record of 1-2. Southeastern Louisiana enters today’s game with a 0-2 record against the spread. Taking into account their performance in the previous three games, which includes last year, Southeastern Louisiana has a 1-1 ATS record and an average scoring margin of -8.
Through two games, Southeastern Louisiana has an over/under record of 1-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 155 points per game so far. When analyzing the Lions’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 73 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
The Santa Clara Broncos Are Coming Off A Win
Following their 89-77 victory over Stanford, Santa Clara remains undefeated at 3-0. In their previous five home games, which includes last year, Santa Clara has a 4-1 record. As of today’s game, Santa Clara has a 1-2 record against the spread this season. Taking into account their previous ten games, which includes the previous season, Santa Clara is 3-7 vs. the spread.
In three games, Santa Clara comes in with an over/under mark of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 151 points per game. The Broncos’ last five games have culminated with an average of 81 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Southeastern Louisiana Offense Breakdown
Southeastern Louisiana offense recently wrapped up a game with a total of 48 points against BYU. In that game, they made 2/18 three-point attempts and achieved a field goal percentage of 28.6%. Roger McFarlane led the team in scoring, putting up 14 points. Additionally, Brody Rowbury contributed 13 points for the Lions.
|Roger McFarlane (G)||17.3||7.7||1.0|
|Brody Rowbury (F)||10.7||6.0||1.0|
|Roscoe Eastmond (G)||10.0||2.3||3.3|
Santa Clara Offense Breakdown
Santa Clara’s offense is coming off a good game, putting up 89 points vs. Stanford. Overall, they hit 45.8% of their shots from the field and went 10/10 from the free-throw line. Leading the team in scoring is Carlos Marshall Jr, who is averaging 22.3 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, Adama Bal also maintains a PPG average of 14.3 heading into game.
|Carlos Marshall Jr (G)||22.3||4.0||1.0|
|Adama Bal (G)||14.3||5.7||2.7|
|Johnny O’Neil (F)||9.7||6.3||2.0|
Southeastern Louisiana Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Southeastern Louisiana defense is giving up an average of 87.3 points per contest. So far, the Southeastern Louisiana defense is giving up an average of 14.0 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 12.7 times per game (386th).
Santa Clara Team Defense
At present, the Broncos’ defense is nationally ranked 70th, allowing 68.3 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 6.7 threes per game vs. Southeastern Louisiana. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 28.4%.
Lions vs Broncos Trends
- Southeastern Louisiana has a 1-2 record in their last three road games. In this stretch, they averaged 66 points per game while allowing 85. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Across their ten previous home games, Santa Clara has an ATS mark of 7-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 7-3 while averaging 80 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Lions have a straight up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-1.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Broncos have a straight up record of 7-3. But, their mark vs the spread was just 2-8.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Broncos vs. Lions matchup, our bet is to grab the Lions at +16. Even though our projections have the Broncos winning 75-70, we see the Lions as the play on the point-spread.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 156, and our model predicts the Lions and Broncos to score a combined 145 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.