The Stonehill Skyhawks (1-3) travel to face off against the Kentucky Wildcats (2-1) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Rupp Arena in Lexington and televised on SEC. Both Stonehill and Kentucky will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 ET.
The Stonehill Skyhawks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As they prepare for their 5th game of the season, Stonehill currently holds a 1-3 overall record. In their first four games, the Skyhawks went 0-3 on the road and 1-0 at home. Against the spread, Stonehill has a record of 1-3 thus far in the season. When playing away from home, Stonehill is 0-3 vs. the spread and has gone 3-7 in their last ten road games.
So far, Stonehill’s games have averaged 141 points per game with the average over/under line being 139.9 points. Over the course of the last five games, the Skyhawks’ games have averaged 53 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-3.
The Kentucky Wildcats Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Kentucky comes into this game with a 2-1 record after playing three games. In their last five home games, counting from last year, Kentucky has a record of 3-2. Heading into their game against Stonehill, Kentucky holds a 1-2 ATS record. Over their last ten games, including the previous season, Kentucky has gone 5-4-1 vs. the spread.
In three games, Kentucky comes in with an over/under mark of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 149 points per game. Over the course of the last five games, the Wildcats’ games have averaged 77 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-3.
Stonehill Offense Breakdown
The Skyhawks’ offense finished with 56 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 56 points per contest. The top scorer for the Skyhawks was Shane O’Dell with 16 points, while Tony Felder also added 11 to the scoreboard.
|Jackson Benigni (G)||9.8||2.5||0.5|
|Max Zegarowski (F)||9.5||5.0||0.8|
|Shane O’Dell (F)||10.0||3.7||1.3|
Kentucky Offense Breakdown
Kentucky’s offense is coming off a good game, putting up 84 points vs. Kansas. Overall, they hit 32.9% of their shots from the field and went 22/30 from the free-throw line. Antonio Reeves is leading the team in scoring at 18.7 points per contest. Rob Dillingham has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 15.7 going into the game.
|Antonio Reeves (G)||18.7||5.3||1.3|
|Rob Dillingham (G)||15.7||4.0||3.3|
|Tre Mitchell (F)||11.7||7.7||3.0|
Stonehill Team Defense
The Skyhawks’ defense is presently ranked 133rd nationally, allowing an average of 85.0 points per contest. Stonehill’s defense is coming off a game in which they allowed the Saint Joseph’s offense to knock down 59% of their shots on their way to putting up 100 points.
Kentucky Team Defense
Currently, the Wildcats’ defense holds the 47th rank in the nation, allowing 65.3 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 7.0 threes per game vs. Stonehill. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 30.7%.
Skyhawks vs Wildcats Trends
- Through their last ten road contests, the Skyhawks offense has averaged 60 points per game while allowing an average of 75. Stonehill posted an overall record of 3-7 while going 3-7 ATS.
- In their last three home games, Kentucky has averaged 79 points per game while allowing 76. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-1 while going 2-1 vs. the spread.
- The last three games that Stonehill was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 1-2 while going 1-2 straight up.
- Although the Wildcats have a strong straight up record in their last three games as the betting favorite, they have not done as well vs the spread going 1-2.
For a point-spread bet in this Wildcats vs. Wildcats matchup, we’re leaning towards the Wildcats at -33. Although our projections show the Wildcats winning 89-59, we suggest placing your bet on the Skyhawks for the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 144.5 and given that our model is projecting 148 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.