The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (1-1) travel to face off against the Pepperdine Waves (2-1) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Firestone Fieldhouse in Malibu and televised on ESPN+. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 10:00 ET.
The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Are Coming Off A Win
After defeating Stetson 71-55, UNLV now has a 1-1 record. In all of their games this season, the Runnin’ Rebels have been the team expected to win. Currently, UNLV has a 1-1 ATS record heading into today’s game. Over the last three games, the school’s ATS record is 1-2, with an average scoring margin of +1.
UNLV’s games have, on average, featured 141 points per game leading to an over/under record of 1-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 149.5 points so far. The Runnin’ Rebels have an over/under record of 2-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 72 points per game.
The Pepperdine Waves Are Coming Off A Win
Pepperdine has played three games so far this season and have a 2-1 record. In the three games that Pepperdine was the underdog, they have a straight-up record of 0-3. Against the spread, Pepperdine has a record of 2-1 thus far in the current season. When playing at home, Pepperdine has been successful vs. the spread with a 2-0 mark. In their previous ten home games, they are 4-6 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Pepperdine have had an average of 142.3 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 154 points. Their over/under record is 1-2-0. Over the course of the last five games, the Waves’ games have averaged 79 points per game, along with an over/under record of 1-3.
UNLV Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, UNLV offense put up 71 points against Stetson. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 41.5% and made 10 threes. The UNLV offense has been looking to get up shots from outside so far this season, averaging 30 three-point attempts per contest. Overall, they have connected on 31% of their looks from outside this season.
|Luis Rodriguez (G)||15.0||7.0||3.5|
|Jalen Hill (F)||12.5||9.5||1.5|
|Isaiah Cottrell (F)||11.0||6.0||0.0|
Pepperdine Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Pepperdine offense ended with 88 points against LIU. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 40.3% and made 9 threes. On the offensive front, the Waves have a season-long field goal percentage of 46%, ranking 152nd nationally. When it comes to three-point shooting, they are ranked 80th in terms of percentage and 237th in three-pointers made.
|Houston Mallette (G)||18.8||4||1.0|
|Michael Ajayi (G)||13.8||11||1.8|
|Malik Moore (G)||13.0||3||3.2|
UNLV Team Defense
At present, the Runnin’ Rebels’ defense is nationally ranked 71st, allowing 70.0 points per game. UNLV will look once again to perform well on defense, holding Stetson to just 41% shooting in their most recent game.
Pepperdine Team Defense
At this time, the Waves’ defense is positioned 35th in the country, permitting 62.2 points per game. In their most recent game, the Pepperdine defense struggled to defend the three-point line, as LIU knocked down 9 three-pointers on their way to 53 points.
Runnin’ Rebels vs Waves Trends
- Across the Runnin’ Rebels last ten road games, the team averaged 72 points per game while allowing 74. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 6-4, while going 4-6 straight-up.
- Pepperdine has a 0-5 record in their last five home games. In this stretch, they averaged 76 points per game while allowing 84. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Waves have a straight up record of 0-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-1.
- The Runnin’ Rebels have played well in their last three games as the betting favorite, going 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +3.5, the Waves is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 149.5, and our model predicts the Runnin’ Rebels and Waves to score a combined 143 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.