The Wagner Seahawks (0-2) travel to face off against the Seton Hall Pirates (3-0) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Prudential Center in Newark and televised on Fox. Seton Hall is coming off a win in their previous game, while Wagner is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Rhode Island. Tip-off is set for 12:00 ET.
The Wagner Seahawks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Wagner, who enters the game against Seton Hall with a record of 0-2, has lost all three of their previous games as the underdog. Prior to today’s game, Wagner has a 0-2 record against the spread (ATS). In the last three games, the school has a 1-1 ATS record, with an average scoring margin of +2.
Wagner comes in with an over/under record of 1-1-0 through two games, with their games averaging a combined 127 points per game so far. When looking at the Seahawks’ last three games, their over/under record is 1-1, with their games averaging 66 points per game.
The Seton Hall Pirates Are Coming Off A Win
Seton Hall has a perfect 3-0 record so far this season. In their previous ten home games, including last year, Seton Hall has a 5-5 record. Seton Hall enters today’s game with a 2-1 ATS record. However, taking into account their previous ten games, including those from last season, Seton Hall has gone 2-8 vs. the spread.
Seton Hall comes in with an over/under record of 2-1-0 through three games, with their games averaging a combined 145.3 points per game so far. The Pirates have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 77 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Wagner Offense Breakdown
The Wagner offense is coming off a game in which they scored 53 points vs. Rhode Island. Overall their field goal percentage was 31.7% while connecting on 10 threes. The team’s top scorer is Melvin Council Jr., who enters today’s matchup with an average of 13.3, while Tyje Kelton also carries a PPG average of 10 into the game.
|Melvin Council Jr. (G)||13.3||4.3||3.0|
|Tyje Kelton (F)||10.0||6.7||0.7|
|Rahmir Moore (G)||8.7||3.0||2.0|
Seton Hall Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the Seton Hall offense tallied 96 points in a matchup against Albany. Their field goal percentage for the game was 62.1%, and they made 5 threes. The team’s top scorer is Kadary Richmond, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 15, while Al-Amir Dawes also maintains a PPG average of 14 leading up to the game.
|Kadary Richmond (G)||15.0||6.0||4.3|
|Al-Amir Dawes (G)||14.0||2.3||1.7|
|Dre Davis (G)||11.3||5.7||1.7|
Wagner Team Defense
At present, the Seahawks’ defense is nationally ranked 32nd, allowing 61.7 points per game. In today’s game vs. Seton Hall, the Wagner defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, Wagner made 15 free-throws vs. the Seahawks.
Seton Hall Team Defense
So far this season, the Seton Hall defense has been performing well, ranking 32nd in the country at 61.7 points allowed per contest. Seton Hall’s three-point defense is currently 42nd in the country at 7.0 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 37.2% of their shots vs. Seton Hall.
Seahawks vs Pirates Trends
- Although Wagner has a straight up record of 0-3 in their last three road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 1-2. The team averaged 57 points per game in these games.
- Although Seton Hall has a straight up record of 5-5 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 7-2-1. The team averaged 67 points per game in these games.
- As the betting underdog, the Seahawks have an ATS mark of just 1-2 in their last three games. Wagner posted a straight up mark of 0-3 in these matchups.
- Over the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Pirates struggled vs the spread going just 2-3. However, they still had a straight up mark of 4-1.
For a point-spread bet in this Pirates vs. Pirates matchup, we’re leaning towards the Pirates at -17.5. Although our projections show the Pirates winning 76-67, we suggest placing your bet on the Seahawks for the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 129, and our model projects the Seahawks and Pirates to reach a combined total of 143 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.